The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

10 Year Yield - Daily Waiting for the next leg up. Due soon? No trend break yet. Testing a floor.

US10Y_2022-12-07_18-34-05.png

We live in a world were parody and reality have merged so seamlessly that I defy you to spot the difference!

Once Upon a Time—Natural Forces

Once upon a time, there was a concept and even a dream of healthy capitalism and natural market forces in which bonds were fairly priced on the basis of a now extinct concept once known as natural supply and demand.

Nod to Adam Smith.

VIX Daily with SPX behind... time to get short again?

View attachment 4268
Zed, looks like Dec 02 was a bottom for VIX (or VXX). I bought in about a two months ago and am down about 15%. Didn't spend all of my dry powder but am over-invested in this one stock.
Part of me feels it's time to double down. There's been a lot of volume lately. Thoughts?

Zed, looks like Dec 02 was a bottom for VIX (or VXX). I bought in about a two months ago and am down about 15%. Didn't spend all of my dry powder but am over-invested in this one stock.
Part of me feels it's time to double down. There's been a lot of volume lately. Thoughts?

Depends, what you are in?

For these market conditions these are typically the best longs...

Fixed Income, Gold, USD, Consumer Staples, Utilities, REIT's, Health Care, Telco.

That's were you should be looking for long opportunity. That's not to say they will all run.

I'm seeing mixed signals in the mining shares. Some miners are showing nice bullish consolidations over the past couple weeks. Others look like topping patterns over the past week. What do you go with?
I think we need a clear break of the 200-DMA on volume in GDX and Gold before we can say the bullish patterns are true.

They really hit it towards the end of the day after I stopped paying attention. Probably understand that we have a Fed day and CPI here soon and so they Always have to try and hit the metals during those events.

Vegetable prices in the United States were up nearly 40% in November over the previous month, according to new figures from the Labor Department.

Damn, we should have invested in lettuce.

Seriously, with diesel fuel at $5-$6/gallon and fertilizer price at double or triple last year. Those costs affect all vegetable prices. Bad, bad situation.

Back
Top Bottom