The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

he Federal Reserve on Wednesday enacted a quarter percentage point interest rate increase, expressing caution about the recent banking crisis and indicating that hikes are nearing an end.

The softening of a hawkish future guidance has markets jumping. Gold/silver, stocks, treasuries up; Dollar index and cryptos down

Well stocks didn't like Yellen saying they won't all get backstopped. But, they can't stop this freight train.

185 TRILLION of trading derivatives.

1679521765547.png

OH GOD, apparently the clearing system for these things called ION got hacked and they are unable to even see the trades.

Last edited:
If you thought the girl they elected PM in Italy would be anything other than a Zelensky bootlicker guess what? You were wrong. It was obvious.

Hmmmm, I think maybe they are both licking someone else's boots. I don't believe that the power resides with Zelensky.

Hmmmm, I think maybe they are both licking someone else's boots. I don't believe that the power resides with Zelensky.

Of course not but she was touted as being anti WEF Globalism US hegemony and that was clearly bull$hit.

BoE raised 25bp. Gold and Silver still rising. If the Fed doesn't raise rates at their next scheduled opportunity, I would be inclined to think gold and silver will get some real wind in their sails.

UEC gets kicked in the nuts on this report others are holding up. CCJ DNN UUUU. New 52 week lo for UEC and under the $2.90 bottoms. Got to wonder about the timing of these types of reports when the author is short.

WTT is holding Hecla, currently for a loss of 3.27%.

HL_2023-03-23_12-20-06.png

Last edited:
I think a lot of politicians start out with goals that become radically altered when they are confronted with the reality of holding the office.
Nah that was just a sales job.

Nah that was just a sales job.

My observation is that it works just like the "Yes Minister" comedy. Our representatives become overwhelmed and bamboozled by the bureaucracy finding themselves unable to achieve a lot of what they promised and desire. I think this is especially true when their ideas run contrary to big government interests. They are entities that serve themselves before all else.

JMO

etc.

My observation is that it works just like the "Yes Minister" comedy. Our representatives become overwhelmed and bamboozled by the bureaucracy finding themselves unable to achieve a lot of what they promised and desire. I think this is especially true when their ideas run contrary to big government interests. They are entities that serve themselves before all else.

Justin Amash is a cautionary tale of this experience here in the USA. You bend the knee, or face the consequences.

What the hell.

Got my last decent sized order before the credit card charge even cleared. Pretty impressed by JM Bullion. Although one of the airtight holders was not the right size. So. I need some of that less shinny metal called Lead and then we can...

I'm in the middle of trying to get my IRA out of TD Ameritrade (bought by Schwab a year or two ago). There are supposedly some pretty shady things done by that broker and they would not sell calls on my GME during the 2021 turmoil. Plus, they had a very suspicious fire that burned up a bunch of their records. It's been a week and so far nothing has shown up at the new broker. Was supposedly supposed to take 7-10 days. Fingers crossed. Still have my wife's IRA there too.

A chart of the yield on the benchmark U.S. 10-year Treasury note yield suggests the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes are finally having an effect on the bond market’s perception of inflation and economic growth.

The 10-year yield TMUBMUSD10Y, 3.376% slipped last week below a key uptrend line, that’s been rising since the Fed’s first rate increase of the current cycle in March 2022, to combat a surge in inflation.

im-750612

im-750636

im-750663

More:

Hesitated posting the Savage cause you had to know he would jinx and stop the run up.

Savage and Cramer walk into a bar and the bartender asks, "What can I get for you guys?" Savage responds, "I'll have a beer." Cramer says, "I'll have a margarita, hold the salt, hold the triple sec, hold the lime juice, and can you make it with water instead of tequila?" The bartender looks at him confused and asks, "Why would you want a margarita without any alcohol or flavor?" Cramer responds, "I'm trying to diversify my portfolio."

DXY Weekly - Looking like bottoming candles are appearing. A rally next week would be perfectly in place.

DXY_2023-03-26_10-38-42.png

Back
Top Bottom