The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Can you lot get to this?

Just had a look. Lots went over my head but they seem pretty knowledgeable and generally economically broad minded.

I'm drawn to the observation that most everyone talking in this space at the moment seems to feel like we are close to the brink, to the edge of the abyss.

Strap in. Drive safe.;)

I think we're well past the abyss. The only answer is Gold and Silver for survival but I question whether they will let anyone use it. We live in the Age of Stupidity. Look around it is quite amazing to see how fast this has all gone to absolute $hit. Endless war an absolute mental case in the White House. It feels strange to believe we are on the wrong side of history here.

I think we're well past the abyss. The only answer is Gold and Silver for survival but I question whether they will let anyone use it. We live in the Age of Stupidity. Look around it is quite amazing to see how fast this has all gone to absolute $hit. Endless war an absolute mental case in the White House. It feels strange to believe we are on the wrong side of history here.

Well, we have been watching the $hit show for a good while now. Many seem to believe that we are inching closer to some palpable change, an event which is going to rip the lid off, so to speak, and make things plain to see, even for those that haven't been looking.

I always hope for the best and expect the worst. Armstrong's Socrates. Cycles call for a low in Gold so I would imagine Silver too April 10-17. If the cycle inverts and we get a high then expect a June low. I prefer an April high. If we are to decline over the next 2-3 weeks I doubt we can get Gold under $1800 but you never know.

Well, we have been watching the $hit show for a good while now. Many seem to believe that we are inching closer to some palpable change, an event which is going to rip the lid off, so to speak, and make things plain to see, even for those that haven't been looking.
I think we're past that now. Bank failures Europe burning the poison any number of things. You have to be sleeping not to see we are in a world of shyte now.

I always hope for the best and expect the worst. Armstrong's Socrates. Cycles call for a low in Gold so I would imagine Silver too April 10-17. If the cycle inverts and we get a high then expect a June low. I prefer an April high. If we are to decline over the next 2-3 weeks I doubt we can get Gold under $1800 but you never know.
I always expect the metals to be smacked down for 1/4 ends and for some, financial year end.
Watch it drop this week then see it rise next week ?

Double Natural Gas ETF. Gas ain't down that much. Rather die in UNG when the time comes.

FsPJirDacAYAE1N.png

Gold Weekly - Incomplete -> That 1990 line seems to be the line that brings someone out in hives! Sell the f*cker Jeeves, SELL!!!! 64$Q ---> Are buyers still waiting @ 1950 ish?

GC1!_2023-03-28_08-58-56.png

Bearish.

Amazon Reports Mass Grocery Store Shutdowns As Business Starts Falling Apart​

Amazon’s grocery business model is falling apart. Despite its global domination of the online shopping space, the largest e-commerce enterprise in the world, with an annual revenue of over $450 billion, is struggling to survive in one of the most prominent retail categories. And now mass store shutdowns and layoffs are being announced proving that the retail apocalypse is victimizing even the biggest companies in the industry. In fact, a new analysis shows that very soon Whole Foods, Amazon Go, and Amazon convenience stores may disappear for good from the U.S. economic landscape.

There has never been so much pressure in the sector as retailers are facing right now. And the downfall of these food retail chains should be a wake-up call for everyone.

During the company’s latest earnings call, CEO Andy Jassy admitted that Amazon still hasn’t nailed down a successful model when it comes to the grocery sector. Jassy revealed that many locations are about to be closed and that the retailer is canceling plans to expand its chains until it figures out how to differentiate them from established competitors in the market.
This action came after its growth results showed figures that were significantly below expectations. Its Fresh supermarkets and cashier-less convenience stores saw a sales boom during the pandemic, but since the second half of 2021, foot traffic has sharply declined, and the company’s revenue is steadily shrinking.

In contrast, the online shopping giant is now having to introduce several cost-cutting measures to its brick-and-mortar business.

Last week, Amazon revealed that it is postponing the construction of its second headquarters in Northern Virginia, Virginia, outside of Washington, DC. In January it confirmed plans to cut 18,000 jobs from its global workforce. And on Monday, Andy Jassy said in a memo to staff that the retailer is going to eliminate an additional 9,000 jobs in the next few weeks. The job cuts would mark the second largest round of layoffs in the company's history, bringing the 2023 total to 27,000.

However, Jassy noted that Amazon is not done making final decisions on which roles will be eliminated, and in the next couple of months, more roles could be on the chopping block.

At the moment, the retailer is closing one-third of its Amazon Go stores. Meanwhile, Whole Foods Market, its natural and organic foods chain, announced that it is shuttering dozens of supermarkets in four states. The decision was made public right after Amazon reported that Whole Foods Markets faced the highest quarterly loss in seven years.

Many industry analysts questioned the viability of the grocery chain. In fact, according to analysts at Retail Wire, Amazon’s grocery business may not survive another 5 years, especially considering the threat of a severe economic downturn "There's no unique differentiation towards what they're selling, so it's a very middle-of-the-road concept," noted Rupesh Parikh, senior equity research analyst for Oppenheimer & Co. If they can’t figure out that model and how to do this business on thin margins, in 5 years, all of the stores could be gone,” the analysts forecasted.

When even such a massive and resource-rich company fails to adapt to the unforgiving brick-and-mortar retail sector, that begs the question of how smaller brands are really doing in such a troubled environment at this moment. Conditions for businesses are getting significantly worse and the pressure to keep up and stay afloat has never been so intense. But the red flags are starting to emerge everywhere, and unless Amazon reformulates its entire business model, its grocery store chains will continue stuck in a permanent limbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whole Foods went to complete shit after Amazon bought them. WF near River Oaks in Houston is practically empty the rare times that I swing nearby.

Whole Foods had overpriced granola, cheese, oils, and organics and then AMZN bought (what I thought was a dying brand).

It's looking like $1950 is the floor for gold right now. If the Fed punts on the next rate increase, it just might break out over $2000.
I agree. Furthermore, although I'm sure just speaking the thought will be responsible for creating the reality, it is hard for me to imagine a significant price smash below this floor while the current banking crisis continues to loom. 2c

I'm kinda expecting a Sharp couple hundred dollar blow through the $2,000 resistance area and then a just as sharp or worse pullback. That will retest the breakout and we should be good to go. Or collapse is a go, probably not really good.

I'm kinda expecting a Sharp couple hundred dollar blow through the $2,000 resistance area and then a just as sharp or worse pullback. That will retest the breakout and we should be good to go. Or collapse is a go, probably not really good.
Certainly feels like the forces are being marshaled just behind the front...

Sinclair said once they got all they can get they'll let if fly and Armstrong says Gold up till 2032.

I think you need a paid email account to post here. I recognize one name from Adler's board in the early aught. Something else.

tick tick tick tok

China Completes LNG Gas Trade with Chinese Yuan, Ending US Dollar Reliance for Energy Trades​

China and France have completed a LNG gas trade using the Chinese Yuan, thus ending the reliance on the US dollar for energy trades

By Joshua Ramos

Dan Cofall, (God rest his soul) was the host of The Wall Street Shuffle and used to always say:
"The U.S. dollar is the world's reserve currency, right up until the day someone refuses to take it."

Why am I posting this article? I think of it as a thought experiment. What if you believed that the single biggest problem in the world in the past 3+ years was medical malfeasance? What if due to that you didn't mind being a single issue voter?

[This doesn't necessarily describe my position. Again, thought experiment.]

Care to partake in a fool's game and give us your prediction on whether either (or both) of those targets get met?
I'm going to take some pressure off of Zed as the oracle of our oasis, and merely note that the set up looks so profoundly correct, that surely it must be wrong.

(That coming from a guy who wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as one of its members. ;) )

I'm going to take some pressure off of Zed as the oracle of our oasis, and merely note that the set up looks so profoundly correct, that surely it must be wrong.

(That coming from a guy who wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as one of its members. ;) )
No rockets or beach balls posted, so you know, that's kinda good.

They will get met given enough time. Whether that is 24 hours, 24 months or somewhere in between (or beyond) is for the folk with smooth crystal spheres to discern.

They will get met given enough time. Whether that is 24 hours, 24 months or somewhere in between (or beyond) is for the folk with smooth crystal spheres to discern.

This pattern is kinda the next week or three OR bust. Mind you it isn't a tradeable pattern until we get the breakout.

Back
Top Bottom