The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Everything I'm seeing right now looks like things are a GD powderkeg waiting for a match.

A.) The overall stonk market is Concentrating into fewer and fewer names such as Apple. the underlying liquidity in what should be big companies is horrible.

B.) Volatility (ie fear) is getting crushed almost everyday whether that is real or artificial (such as plunge protection team) or both I don't know

C.) US Debt CDS are exploding (apparently the only market that cares)

D.) Gold with the highest and stubborn volatility even though prices have not moved a bunch

E.) Dollar strengthening again with BRICS countries now openly challenging its dominance.

F.) Extreme short selling potentially coming to light with a NEW move to DRS shares, possibly destroying the system (I think this is the match to set this Fuc*&R off).

I'm starting to think this PM drop has mostly been due to the debt ceiling debate. I suspect money is flowing into USD as a safety play until an agreement is made regarding the US debt ceiling. Which puts pressure on gold/silver. If true, we should see a nice rally in PM's once this blows over.

I'm starting to think this PM drop has mostly been due to the debt ceiling debate. I suspect money is flowing into USD as a safety play until an agreement is made regarding the US debt ceiling. Which puts pressure on gold/silver. If true, we should see a nice rally in PM's once this blows over.

GC1!_2023-05-22_12-58-38.png

This whole debt ceiling thing is just theater. Dent bearish? Might be time to buy with both hands.

This whole debt ceiling thing is just theater. ...

Under normal circumstances, I would agree. The expectation is for the swamp critters in Congress to yield and raise the ceiling. But the way the Speaker of the House drama played out, there could very well be a group of Reps in the House that would rather crash the plane into the ground than yield on getting budget concessions. It reminds me of the old story about why the asshole is the boss:

THE BRAIN SAID : Since I control everything and do all the work I should be boss.

THE FEET SAID: Since I carry man where he wants to go and get him to do what the Brain wants, I should be boss.

THE HANDS SAID: Since I must do all the work and earn all the money to keep all the rest of you going, I should be boss.

THE EYES SAID: Since I must look out for all of you and tell you where danger lurks, I should be boss.

And so it went with the Heart, the Ears, and the Lungs.

Finally the Asshole spoke up and demanded that he be boss. All the other parts laughed and laughed at the idea of an asshole being boss.

The Asshole was so angered that he blocked himself off and refused to function. Soon the Brain was feverish, the Eyes crossed and ached, the Feet were too weak to walk, the Hands hung limply at his side, the Heart and Lungs struggled to keep going.

All pleaded with the Brain to relent and let the Asshole be boss, and so it happened. All parts did the work and the Asshole just bossed and passed out a lot of shit.

MORAL: You don't have to be a brain to be boss, just an Asshole.

Credit Suisse Workers Gear Up To Sue Swiss Regulator Over $400 Million In Lost Bonuses, Report Says​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ses-report-says/ar-AA1bvxd1?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Credit Suisse staff are gearing up to sue Switzerland’s financial regulator over hundreds of millions of dollars worth of bonuses that were canceled after the bank was hastily rescued by rival UBS earlier this year, the Financial Times reported on Monday, adding to the deal’s already sizable legal fallout as the two banks work to finalize the merger.

Maybe we are at an odd moment in the general stock market. My Weekend Trend Trader system that works off the Russell 2000 small caps had me purchase 19 positions at today's open bringing my total open positions up to 20.

For today, my brokerage account is up 4.11% which is a good move for 1 day. There is some broad based support at the moment.

[Didn't feel good to buy today.]

[We may be having a bit of a "special moment."]

Last edited:
This whole debt ceiling thing is just theater. Dent bearish? Might be time to buy with both hands.

The Rate Of Change on GDX & GDXJ is around levels that we'd normally rally from. On Balance Volume hasn't turned overly negative, still sitting around levels that are more in correction territory. GDX looking a little like an island reversal might be in play, the gap down didn't generate that much volume or follow up price weakness... yet. Finishing this month over 35.5 would be positive on the monthly, ~36.5+ is ideal and would send a reasonable signal crossing one of those sloping lines you despise.

Started nibbling on some Nov '23 and Jan '24 call options. I'm thinking this is about as far down as we go. Many silver miners are showing wipeout conditions.
I think we have to wait until after the June Fed meeting before gold really breaks out above the 2080 high. But I'm thinking the low is in.

This is NOT investment advice... But anyone who thinks there is a plan running and trump is in charge.

Buy yourself some BBBYQ for like a quarter. I don't care if you throw $10 into it. But I believe there is a plan in place for a restructuring buyout. The deadline for bids is looking like June 1st. Not all brokers will even allow you to buy it but if you can and know how to trade stocks it's Well worth the shot IMO.

Enjoy the Show

Last edited:
This is NOT investment advice... But anyone who thinks there is a plan running and trump is in charge.

Buy yourself some BBBYQ for like a quarter. I don't care if you throw $10 into it. But I believe there is a plan in place for a restructuring buyout. The deadline for bids is looking like June 1st. Not all brokers will even allow you to buy it but if you can and know how to trade stocks it's Well worth the shot IMO.

Enjoy the Show
Lottery ticket purchased.

Back
Top Bottom