Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BREAKING: LEAKED US DEFENSE DOCUMENTS SHOWS WESTERN FORCES ON THE GROUND IN UKRAINE! …And Countries ARE NAMED in Leaked Document!

NEW LEAKED US DEFENSE DOCUMENTS SHOW WESTERN FORCES ON THE GROUND IN UKRAINE!

JOE BIDEN HAD US SOLDIERS ON THE GROUND IN UKRAINE.

EARLIER TODAY DEFENSE SECRETARY LLOYD AUSTIN SAID HE FIRST HEARD OF THE LEAKS ON APRIL 6.

THE LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW LATVIA,FRANCE, US, AND THE NETHERLANDS!

The BBC reported:

The UK is among a number of countries with military special forces operating inside Ukraine, according to one of dozens of documents leaked online.​
It confirms what has been the subject of quiet speculation for over a year.​
The leaked files, some marked “top secret”, paint a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, including sensitive details of Ukraine’s preparations for a spring counter-offensive.​
The US government says it is investigating the source of the leak.​
According to the document, dated 23 March, the UK has the largest contingent of special forces in Ukraine (50), followed by fellow Nato states Latvia (17), France (15), the US (14) and the Netherlands (1).​
The document does not say where the forces are located or what they are doing.​

Marine Le Pen: ‘If Russia wins the war, it will be catastrophic... if Ukraine wins, it will mean WWIII has been unleashed’​

Story by Marc Bassets • 3h ago

Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, during the interview in Paris on Tuesday.

Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, during the interview in Paris on Tuesday.© Samuel Aranda (EL PAÍS)
“If I were president...” Marine Le Pen begins. Then she immediately corrects herself: “When I am president...” Unrest in France over the government’s pension reform has reinforced the chances of an election victory for the leader of the National Rally (RN), heir to the far-right party founded half a century ago by her father, Jean-Marie Le Pen. If Marine Le Pen were to face the incumbent Emmanuel Macron in a presidential runoff vote today, she would win with 55% of the ballots compared to 45% for the current president, according to a poll by the Elabe institute. At the last presidential election, in 2022, Macron prevailed with 58% support compared to 42% for Le Pen. Since last June, the RN has been the leading opposition group in the National Assembly, with 89 lawmakers who always wear ties ― the men, at least ― and who make a point of trying to avoid stridency, if not always successfully.

“We are reaping what we have sown,” said Le Pen, 54, in an interview held on Tuesday with several European correspondents from the LENA media alliance, including EL PAÍS. The gathering took place at a café near the National Assembly. “During the presidential campaign we planted an extremely serious, detailed project in which we anticipated problems that a year later turned out to be true. Based on this credit, and at the same time thanks to our respect for the functioning of the institutions, we have increasingly managed to earn the trust of the French people.”

Although the elections are four years away, Le Pen feels closer than ever to power. She believes that since she took over the reins of the party from her father in 2011, she has managed to un-demonize it. That is to say, to take it out of the corner reserved for ideological pariahs and make it acceptable to a good portion of the French population.

“In just a few years, we have gone from being the most-hated party in France to the most-beloved party in France,” says the leader of Europe’s largest far-right party, a description that she rejects. “We have never been on the far right,” she argues, because she is radically opposed to several principles that she considers characteristic of the extreme right, such as a rejection of the parliamentary system and of pluralism, and the use of violence. Le Pen goes even further: “We are not right-wing.” What is the RN, then? “I would say that we are national,” she replies. “We consider the nation to be the political heart of our project.”

And yet, the fundamentals of Le Pen and the RN have not changed. One is nationalism, and this is the reason why she she applauds Macron for distancing himself from the United States with respect to China, yet criticizes him for doing so in the name of European sovereignty: “For there to be sovereignty, a people is necessary, and there is no such thing as a European people.” Le Pen will not follow the path of another leader from her ideological sphere, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni, who assumed power on a pro-NATO and pro-EU message. “I am still a euroskeptic and every day that passes I am more so. Not skeptical about Europe, but about the political organization of Europe.”

When reminded of her former affinity with Russian President Vladimir Putin, she denies it with a smile: “You have the right to say it, but...” A few minutes later, upon hearing that she is “more of a Russophile,” she reacts: “I can’t let that be said about me.”

Le Pen has for years been the French politician most-closely aligned to Putin’s Russia. Her party received a €9 million loan from a Russian bank in 2014 and she declared that she shared Putin’s global vision. After the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, she has distanced herself and now declares: “I believe in the sovereignty of nations: if Ukraine wants to join NATO, if it is their will, I don’t see who can oppose it.”

“When a nation like Russia attacks another nation and threatens its sovereignty, there is no possible equidistance, you have to take a stand,” she adds, declaring herself in favor of sending defensive weapons to Ukraine, yet opposing offensive ones. Does she support sanctions? Yes, but not to the energy sector. So what is her proposed solution to the conflict? Negotiating peace. Now.

“If Russia wins the war, it will be catastrophic because all countries with a territorial conflict will think that they can solve it with weapons,” she says. “If Ukraine wins, it will mean that NATO has entered the war, because I am convinced that Ukraine, without the power of NATO, cannot militarily defeat Russia. And this means that World War III has been unleashed.” Third option: “If we continue to slowly deliver weapons to Ukraine, as we are doing now, then we are facing a new Hundred Years’ War [a long-running medieval conflict between England and France], which, considering the human losses, is a terrible drama.” Pressed to specify how she would resolve the conflict, Le Pen retorts: “I’m not going to give you a peace plan right here, on a coffee table.”

Marine Le Pen: ‘If Russia wins the war, it will be catastrophic... if Ukraine wins, it will mean WWIII has been unleashed’​

Story by Marc Bassets • 3h ago

Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, during the interview in Paris on Tuesday.

Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, during the interview in Paris on Tuesday.© Samuel Aranda (EL PAÍS)
“If I were president...” Marine Le Pen begins. Then she immediately corrects herself: “When I am president...” Unrest in France over the government’s pension reform has reinforced the chances of an election victory for the leader of the National Rally (RN), heir to the far-right party founded half a century ago by her father, Jean-Marie Le Pen. If Marine Le Pen were to face the incumbent Emmanuel Macron in a presidential runoff vote today, she would win with 55% of the ballots compared to 45% for the current president, according to a poll by the Elabe institute. At the last presidential election, in 2022, Macron prevailed with 58% support compared to 42% for Le Pen. Since last June, the RN has been the leading opposition group in the National Assembly, with 89 lawmakers who always wear ties ― the men, at least ― and who make a point of trying to avoid stridency, if not always successfully.

“We are reaping what we have sown,” said Le Pen, 54, in an interview held on Tuesday with several European correspondents from the LENA media alliance, including EL PAÍS. The gathering took place at a café near the National Assembly. “During the presidential campaign we planted an extremely serious, detailed project in which we anticipated problems that a year later turned out to be true. Based on this credit, and at the same time thanks to our respect for the functioning of the institutions, we have increasingly managed to earn the trust of the French people.”

Although the elections are four years away, Le Pen feels closer than ever to power. She believes that since she took over the reins of the party from her father in 2011, she has managed to un-demonize it. That is to say, to take it out of the corner reserved for ideological pariahs and make it acceptable to a good portion of the French population.

“In just a few years, we have gone from being the most-hated party in France to the most-beloved party in France,” says the leader of Europe’s largest far-right party, a description that she rejects. “We have never been on the far right,” she argues, because she is radically opposed to several principles that she considers characteristic of the extreme right, such as a rejection of the parliamentary system and of pluralism, and the use of violence. Le Pen goes even further: “We are not right-wing.” What is the RN, then? “I would say that we are national,” she replies. “We consider the nation to be the political heart of our project.”

And yet, the fundamentals of Le Pen and the RN have not changed. One is nationalism, and this is the reason why she she applauds Macron for distancing himself from the United States with respect to China, yet criticizes him for doing so in the name of European sovereignty: “For there to be sovereignty, a people is necessary, and there is no such thing as a European people.” Le Pen will not follow the path of another leader from her ideological sphere, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni, who assumed power on a pro-NATO and pro-EU message. “I am still a euroskeptic and every day that passes I am more so. Not skeptical about Europe, but about the political organization of Europe.”

When reminded of her former affinity with Russian President Vladimir Putin, she denies it with a smile: “You have the right to say it, but...” A few minutes later, upon hearing that she is “more of a Russophile,” she reacts: “I can’t let that be said about me.”

Le Pen has for years been the French politician most-closely aligned to Putin’s Russia. Her party received a €9 million loan from a Russian bank in 2014 and she declared that she shared Putin’s global vision. After the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, she has distanced herself and now declares: “I believe in the sovereignty of nations: if Ukraine wants to join NATO, if it is their will, I don’t see who can oppose it.”

“When a nation like Russia attacks another nation and threatens its sovereignty, there is no possible equidistance, you have to take a stand,” she adds, declaring herself in favor of sending defensive weapons to Ukraine, yet opposing offensive ones. Does she support sanctions? Yes, but not to the energy sector. So what is her proposed solution to the conflict? Negotiating peace. Now.

“If Russia wins the war, it will be catastrophic because all countries with a territorial conflict will think that they can solve it with weapons,” she says. “If Ukraine wins, it will mean that NATO has entered the war, because I am convinced that Ukraine, without the power of NATO, cannot militarily defeat Russia. And this means that World War III has been unleashed.” Third option: “If we continue to slowly deliver weapons to Ukraine, as we are doing now, then we are facing a new Hundred Years’ War [a long-running medieval conflict between England and France], which, considering the human losses, is a terrible drama.” Pressed to specify how she would resolve the conflict, Le Pen retorts: “I’m not going to give you a peace plan right here, on a coffee table.”

Rock and a hard place....

France, Germany not Doing Enough to Support Ukraine, Says Poland’s PM​

By: John Grady
April 14, 2023 4:45 PM

Poland’s prime minister raised concerns about France and Germany’s lack of a wholehearted commitment to helping Ukraine win the war against Russia and how it affects Warsaw’s ability to back Ukraine Thursday.

“All [the allies in NATO] want Ukraine to win but not necessarily to the same extent,” said Mateusz Morawiecki, speaking at the Atlantic Council. Germany and France “want a quick cease-fire … almost at any price.” He attributed that desire for a cease-fire to “more and more [war] fatigue” in those nations and to some extent in the United States.

Paris and Berlin have not demonstrated “serious international moves” of support by opening their military depots and arsenals to supply the Ukrainians, Morawiecki said.

More:

AN IDEA SO CRAZY IT JUST MIGHT WORK​

Posted by Garri Hendell March 17, 2023

While online the other day, I was reading an article about Russia’s war on Ukraine. Its comments included one from what must have been a third-rate moron (actually me), who suggested that a non-North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) third country with the trust and confidence of the West…say, Australia…should commit military forces to defend Ukraine. It was supposed to be a way of funneling more trained and ready manpower and equipment into the fight, while at the same time minimizing the chances of significant Russian retaliation against NATO and Europe. I balked. First of all, it certainly isn’t for some American to suggest that a third country should lay down the lives of their sons and daughters in war or needlessly risk the wrath of a nuclear-armed bully. Secondly, responsible military commentators do not dictate policy to the civilian leadership of any country. That all having been said, my curiosity was tickled.

Let’s continue to use Australia as the example. Given Australia’s strong existing policy of support for Ukraine’s resistance to Russia’s invasion, its sizeable Ukrainian expat community, and its relative geographic isolation from the threat of Russian reprisals, was the idea at least militarily feasible?

More:

France, Germany not Doing Enough to Support Ukraine, Says Poland’s PM
I suppose freezing over the winter and higher energy prices wasn't payment enough...?

Poland wants to reclaim western Ukraine - which was part of Poland before the last war.

Ukraine war: Leak shows Western special forces on the ground​

By Paul Adams & George Wright
BBC News

The UK is among a number of countries with military special forces operating inside Ukraine, according to one of dozens of documents leaked online.

It confirms what has been the subject of quiet speculation for over a year.

The leaked files, some marked "top secret", paint a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, including sensitive details of Ukraine's preparations for a spring counter-offensive.

The US government says it is investigating the source of the leak.

Www.BBC.com

Germany has evidence of hundreds of war crimes in Ukraine​

Story by Deutsche Welle • 58m ago

AGerman newspaper says investigators have received 337 leads relating to alleged war crimes by Russia's military over the past 14 months.Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) has received 337 tipoffs about possible war crimes in Ukraine, Welt am Sonntag newspaper reported Sunday.

Germany has evidence of hundreds of war crimes in Ukraine​

Story by Deutsche Welle • 58m ago

AGerman newspaper says investigators have received 337 leads relating to alleged war crimes by Russia's military over the past 14 months.Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) has received 337 tipoffs about possible war crimes in Ukraine, Welt am Sonntag newspaper reported Sunday.

Probably war crimes by the Ukrainian military that they'll blame Russia for.

Exactly my thoughts
This came up on the Simplicus substack-

A shocking short video capturing the attitude of some Ukrainians ........
The power of the media eh ?

One of the most prolific pro-Russia propaganda channels is run by a US Navy veteran living in Washington​

Story by hgetahun@insider.com (Hannah Getahun) • Yesterday 10:50 PM

• A popular pro-Russia social-media account is run by a Navy veteran, per reports.
  • Donbass Devushka, whose real name is Sarah Bils, previously claimed to be from Eastern Europe.
  • The account helped to spread the leaked Pentagon documents that were posted on Discord.
A social-media account that spread misinformation about the war in Ukraine and pro-Russian war talking points was created by former US Navy non-commissioned officer, The Wall Street Journal confirmed in an exclusive interview.

More:

Exactly my thoughts
This came up on the Simplicus substack-

A shocking short video capturing the attitude of some Ukrainians ........
The power of the media eh ?
There are other vids of Russians showing captured books from Ukie elementary schools that teach children to hate Russians at an early age. Whole histories are rewritten to support this narrative.

It's like China erasing Tiananmen Square massacre.

This IS a war crime

In Donetsk, a woman was blown up by a Ukrainian mine at a cemetery

1681766615411.png
In the Kuibyshev district, another victim of PFM Petal mine explosion - a woman born in 1979, who suffered in the cemetery of Grabari village.

As of April 17, 111 cases of explosions of civilians were registered, incl. 10 children, on mines PFM-1 Petal. Three of the victims died as a result of the wound. Ukrainian terrorists left 108 residents of Donetsk without legs.

🌊 Join Military Wave (https://t.me/militarywave)

One of the most prolific pro-Russia propaganda channels is run by a US Navy veteran living in Washington​

Story by hgetahun@insider.com (Hannah Getahun) • Yesterday 10:50 PM

• A popular pro-Russia social-media account is run by a Navy veteran, per reports.
  • Donbass Devushka, whose real name is Sarah Bils, previously claimed to be from Eastern Europe.
  • The account helped to spread the leaked Pentagon documents that were posted on Discord.
A social-media account that spread misinformation about the war in Ukraine and pro-Russian war talking points was created by former US Navy non-commissioned officer, The Wall Street Journal confirmed in an exclusive interview.

More:

Here's a little more. One thing: Sarah Bils made it to E-7 Chief while in the navy, but left as an E-5 2nd Class. That's a drop in two rates. Serious stuff. Wonder what happened?

After the VICTORY, Ukraine Will Be a Security Guarantor for the Entire of Europe​

In this video, the Head of the State noted the recent attacks carried out by Russia in Ukraine, including the destruction of a history museum, a church and the targeting of a human rights activist in the temporarily occupied Crimea. The Ukrainian President highlighted the urgent need for sanctions against Russia to prevent further destruction and loss of life. Additionally, the economic recovery strategy for Ukraine was discussed, and the potential for Ukraine to be a security provider in the post-war period. Join us in the call for justice and peace in Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom