Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Border town Kirkenes scraps cooperation with Northern Fleet stronghold Severomorsk​

April 26, 2023

More than 14 months into Russia's war against Ukraine, the town council of Sør-Varanger Municipality unanimously decides to discard its friendship agreement with the Russian Navy headquarter city Severomorsk.

It was put on hold when Russian forces launched their full-scale attack on Ukrainian lands in February 2022. But it was only today that the agreement between Sør-Varanger and Severomorsk was formally abandoned.

In a town council meeting, the local politicians unilaterally scrapped the so-called friendship agreement between the municipalities.

More:

It was put on hold when Russian forces launched their full-scale attack on Ukrainian lands in February 2022. But it was only today that the agreement between Sør-Varanger and Severomorsk was formally abandoned.
They never consider that the west has been indiscriminately bombing the Donbas since 2014 (a war crime) for no reason other than there are Russians living there.

Russian Army Numbers Growing Inside Ukraine, Says Top NATO Commander​

By: John Grady
April 27, 2023 9:10 PM • Updated: April 28, 2023 4:56 AM

The Russian army operating in Ukraine today is larger than when the Kremlin launched its invasion in February 2022, but remains vulnerable to a Kyiv counteroffensive expected in the coming weeks, NATO’s top commander told the House and Senate armed services committees this week.

“This war is far from over,” Army Gen. Christopher Cavoli told the House panel on Wednesday. On Thursday, he added to the Senate, “I think [the Russians] can fight another year.”

More:

Is anybody calculating the "carbon footprint" of this war and what countries are going to have to buy carbon credits to keep the war going? Asking for an AI friend.

There aren’t enough credits available to cover the gas release from the nordstream bombing
perhaps the carbon futures market can cover it ……
so perhaps 100 claims on every gramme which will be fine as long as we don’t all demand our credits at the same time 😊

"Imagine someone trying to convince you to do something by arguing that this thing is in your financial interests. They give you a stock tip, for example. You check it out and decide to buy some of the stock. In the following weeks, the stock price collapses, and you lose money. Obviously, you will not be happy, but you are not going to assume the guy who gave you the stock tip wanted to harm you. Unless you bought the stock from him, you will assume he made the same error as you.

Now think about a different scenario in which someone convinces you to do something because it is the right thing to do. In other words, he is not appealing to your desire to make money, but your desire to be viewed as a good person. The deed in this case is donating to some cause. You check it out and donate, but soon learn that it is a fraud and the people involved are swindlers. The person who tricked you into giving money was also in on the scheme.

If we assume the money lost is equal in both cases, you are going to have much stronger feelings toward the second person than the first person. One reason is the assumed intent of the two people. The first guy was trying to help you but was wrong about his stock tip. The second person wanted to rob you. Even if the first guy was reckless in his behavior, he was not trying to harm you, but there is no doubt about the intent of the second guy.

More important, the first person appealed to your greed, while the second person appealed to your morality in order to trick you. We can accept some blame when we let our vices get the better of us, as in the stock tip scenario. You let the idea of free money cloud your judgement. When someone turns your virtue into a vice, by playing on your good intentions in order to harm you, it challenges the idea of right and wrong, which is far worse than simple theft.

This is what comes to mind reading this post in First Things. George Weigel is a well-known neocon and warmonger. The timing of the post is a bit odd, given that we are in the end phase of the war. The time for making the “moral case” for yet another war on the world was a year ago. It suggests the Kagan cult is planning to keep the war on Russia going long after the Ukraine portion is settled. Weigel has been dispatched to turn virtue into vice for the suckers of Conservative Inc."

You can read the rest here, or not, frankly I don't give a dam.

Douglas Macgregor: "Russia HAS WIPED THEM OUT, THIS IS IT" in Exclusive Interview​

13m

This scum bag must be seeing the end nearing for his scam. Looking to run with his money to Miami.

You gotta be a serious dumbass to think this D actor can fool anyone. Must be a European thing to get fooled like this. You can't see through this crap I wonder who ties your shoes in the morning. No offense to any Euros here.

You gotta be a serious dumbass to think this D actor can fool anyone. Must be a European thing to get fooled like this. You can't see through this crap I wonder who ties your shoes in the morning. No offense to any Euros here.

i dont know man , the O’bummer years and now Poopie Pants is a pretty good act

how in the hell did we let that happen?

and why do we put up with it today?

This scum bag must be seeing the end nearing for his scam. Looking to run with his money to Miami.

Reminds me of a Steve Miller Band tune: "Take the money and run."

May play that in the music thread.

Meanwhile:

Stunning video shows alleged assassination attempt on Vladimir Putin​

Story by Tatyana Tandanpolie • 1h ago

Russia on Wednesday accused Ukraine of attempting to assassinate President Vladimir Putin in a drone attack on his Kremlin residence, The Washington Post reports.

The Kremlin press service disclosed news of the alleged attempt Wednesday afternoon in a statement shared with Russian news agencies.

So far, the news has said that there is no real proof as of yet.

Maybe there's a 3rd party 'attempting' to start WWIII??

Create a false flag and blame it on Zelenski?

AMSTERDAM, May 4 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Thursday visited the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, which in March issued an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for suspected deportation of children from Ukraine.

Russia, which is not a member of the ICC and rejects its jurisdiction, denies committing atrocities during its conflict with Ukraine, which it terms a "special operation" to "demilitarise" its neighbour.

"Imagine someone trying to convince you to do something by arguing that this thing is in your financial interests. They give you a stock tip, for example. You check it out and decide to buy some of the stock. In the following weeks, the stock price collapses, and you lose money. Obviously, you will not be happy, but you are not going to assume the guy who gave you the stock tip wanted to harm you. Unless you bought the stock from him, you will assume he made the same error as you.

Now think about a different scenario in which someone convinces you to do something because it is the right thing to do. In other words, he is not appealing to your desire to make money, but your desire to be viewed as a good person. The deed in this case is donating to some cause. You check it out and donate, but soon learn that it is a fraud and the people involved are swindlers. The person who tricked you into giving money was also in on the scheme.

If we assume the money lost is equal in both cases, you are going to have much stronger feelings toward the second person than the first person. One reason is the assumed intent of the two people. The first guy was trying to help you but was wrong about his stock tip. The second person wanted to rob you. Even if the first guy was reckless in his behavior, he was not trying to harm you, but there is no doubt about the intent of the second guy.

More important, the first person appealed to your greed, while the second person appealed to your morality in order to trick you. We can accept some blame when we let our vices get the better of us, as in the stock tip scenario. You let the idea of free money cloud your judgement. When someone turns your virtue into a vice, by playing on your good intentions in order to harm you, it challenges the idea of right and wrong, which is far worse than simple theft.

This is what comes to mind reading this post in First Things. George Weigel is a well-known neocon and warmonger. The timing of the post is a bit odd, given that we are in the end phase of the war. The time for making the “moral case” for yet another war on the world was a year ago. It suggests the Kagan cult is planning to keep the war on Russia going long after the Ukraine portion is settled. Weigel has been dispatched to turn virtue into vice for the suckers of Conservative Inc."

You can read the rest here, or not, frankly I don't give a dam.

The first link and the Z blog link are both interesting reading. Kinda the opposite of each other. No matter what flavor your politics are I think you'll find them interesting if you have an open mind.

1st link:

Z Blog:

On a personal note: I've been reading the Z Blog ever since I came across it during a drive-by at gim2 before it closed. Posted one of the articles here, and it was with-in a week after I posted it that several people were saying they had to "sign in at gim2" to get onto the site. lol

Let's see what a Harlem preacher thinks.

Vladimir Putin Planning On Nuking Zelensky​

May 5, 2023

6:53

Let's see what a Halem preacher thinks.
I am not going to watch this. If he has a valid point and can express it in text, I will read it. My guess is he just wants to flap his gums in front of a camera. Feel free to correct my dismissal.

I am not going to watch this. If he has a valid point and can express it in text, I will read it. My guess is he just wants to flap his gums in front of a camera. Feel free to correct my dismissal.
I'll file that bull$hit in the circular file. Go bang some overweight biatches in your choir son.

What's a "Halem" preacher?

Screwed up. Supposed to say Harlem preacher. Posted for a laugh. The guy's nuts. Has a judgement against his church for not paying his bills. Only a matter of time till eviction.

I remember him. He's the pastor who rightly defined Obama as "The Long-Legged-Mac-Daddy!"

From the link:

• Ukraine says it downed hypersonic Russian missile
  • Russia has no immediate comment
  • Putin has boasted missile cannot be shot down
  • Kyiv says it used U.S. Patriot missile defence system

May 6 (Reuters) - The head of the U.N.'s nuclear power watchdog warned on Saturday that the situation around the Russian-held Zaporizhzhia nuclear station has become "potentially dangerous" as Moscow-installed officials began evacuating people from nearby areas.

From the link:

• Ukraine says it downed hypersonic Russian missile
  • Russia has no immediate comment
  • Putin has boasted missile cannot be shot down
  • Kyiv says it used U.S. Patriot missile defence system
Fake news.

Disavowed by Ukraine...

Kiev Denies Downing Khinzhal, Downs Own TB-2 Drone + Russia Plans Slow Grind After Ukraine Offensive​

34m

Attachments

• FvyTb03aIAE7aO6.jpeg
    FvyTb03aIAE7aO6.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
If we really 'cared' about Ukraine we wouldn't be doing this...

If we really 'cared' about Ukraine we wouldn't be doing this...

I call BS.
As posted in post #1931 above:

DU mainly emits alpha particle radiation. Alpha particles don't have enough energy to go through skin. As a result, exposure to the outside of the body is not considered a serious hazard. However, if DU is ingested or inhaled, it is a serious health hazard. Alpha particles directly affect living cells and can cause kidney damage.

In the 1970s, the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) began making bullets and mortar shells out of DU given its high density. DU was also used to create armor for tanks and as weights to balance aircrafts. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) was operating facilities that produced DU as a waste byproduct, making DU plentiful and inexpensive.

DU is still used to make bullets and mortar shells.

I call BS.
As posted in post #1931 above:

DU mainly emits alpha particle radiation. Alpha particles don't have enough energy to go through skin. As a result, exposure to the outside of the body is not considered a serious hazard. However, if DU is ingested or inhaled, it is a serious health hazard. Alpha particles directly affect living cells and can cause kidney damage.

In the 1970s, the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) began making bullets and mortar shells out of DU given its high density. DU was also used to create armor for tanks and as weights to balance aircrafts. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) was operating facilities that produced DU as a waste byproduct, making DU plentiful and inexpensive.

DU is still used to make bullets and mortar shells.
Kids play with the DU bits they find on the ground. DU doesn't remain a solid - it splatters everywhere in tiny 'breathable' bits. Birth defects are noted:

Last edited:
pissin in the wind... bettin on a losing friend....

HUGE EXPLOSION IN UKRAINE, MACRON CALLS RUSSIA VASSAL, DURHAM FRAUD​

AMSTERDAM, May 4 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Thursday visited the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, which in March issued an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for suspected deportation of children from Ukraine.

Russia, which is not a member of the ICC and rejects its jurisdiction, denies committing atrocities during its conflict with Ukraine, which it terms a "special operation" to "demilitarise" its neighbour.

The US is also not a member of the ICC and likewise rejects it's jurisdiction. Secretary of State Antony Blinken issued a statement stating the country's "longstanding objection to the Court’s efforts to assert jurisdiction over personnel of non-States Parties such as the United States and Israel". Of course, consistent with the usual Federal hypocrisy, the Biden Regime has applauded the arrest warrants issued by the ICC for President Putin and Russian Commissioner for Children's Rights Maria Lvova-Belova for removing children from Ukraine. The pedo elite don't like it when their supply of child sex slaves is disrupted, I guess.

"No one is going to “win” this war. Neither side can back down now without a full-scale global conflict. The US will likely officially enter the war before the 2024 US Presidential Election."

Their 'thinking' is that a 'war time POTUS' never lost an election... this might be the first?
Who's doing the counting?

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Three Russian academics who have worked on hypersonic missile technology face "very serious accusations", the Kremlin said on Wednesday, in a treason investigation that has spread alarm through Russia's scientific community.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said he was aware of an open letter from Siberian scientists in defence of the men, but that the case was a matter for the security services.

In the letter, published on Monday, colleagues of Anatoly Maslov, Alexander Shiplyuk and Valery Zvegintsev protested their innocence and said the prosecutions threatened to inflict grave damage on Russian science.

G7 steps up Russia sanctions in bid to slow war effort​

HIROSHIMA, Japan, May 19 (Reuters) - Leaders of the world richest democracies agreed on Friday to stiffen sanctions against Russia and pledged financial support for Ukraine as its president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, prepared to join them in the Japanese city of Hiroshima.

The Group of Seven leaders are also expected to address growing tension between their economies and China during their summit that runs until Sunday. Officials said Zelenskiy would attend in person over the weekend.

UKRAINE TODAY. CAPTAIN KILLED BATTALION COMMANDER FOR ORDERING HIM TO MOVE TO FRONT​

That’s exactly in our unit right now. Our commander has just been killed. It was our company commander, Yegor, who killed the battalion commander, Anatolyevich, with a shot to the head.
Yes, all… that’s it… he’s dead.
Because they wanted us to a be meat shield, and Yegor stuck up for all of us. It was our company commander! Yegor got this done for us.”

The video was originally published by an unofficial Russian resource around 11:30 p.m. local time. There is a possibility that it is a fake response to the video of the allegedly murdered Russian border guard at a border checkpoint in the Belgorod region of Russia. However, unlike the confirmed fake from Belgorod, there are too many details in this video. The man lying on the ground does not look like an “actor” at all.

Back
Top Bottom