Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I understand one of the conditions of Prigozhin's pardon was that he not come back to Russia. Now the guy might be greedy but he ain't stupid. Just because his name was on the manifest doesn't mean he was on the plane. No body recovered we don't even know if he was on the plane. Putin would never kill the guy and make him a martyr. This whole thing stinks.

Theres a bit of chatter regarding moving to Russia -

Theres a bit of chatter regarding moving to Russia -

Something I never thought I'd read! Satire surely? Are we actually here?

Quick, get a YouTuber over there to interview people... I have to see that. LOL.

Quick, get a YouTuber over there to interview people... I have to see that. LOL.

try reading the requirements to get into Russia , nearly impossible

this could work and I hope it is true

Russian authorities will launch construction of a village outside Moscow for conservative-minded Americans and Canadians next year, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported Thursday.
Russia has for years positioned itself as a bastion of "traditional" values in contrast with Western liberalism as its relations with the West have deteriorated over its 2014 annexation of Crimea and 2022 full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Timur Beslangurov, a migration lawyer at Moscow’s VISTA Foreign Business Support, claimed that “around 200 families” wish to emigrate to Russia for “ideological reasons.”
“The reason is propaganda of radical values: Today they have 70 genders, and who knows what will come next,” RIA Novosti quoted Beslangurov as saying, echoing President Vladimir Putin’s frequently deployed grievances against Western countries’ comparative gender freedom.
“Many normal people emigrate and are considering Russia, but they’re faced with huge bureaucratic problems with Russia’s migration law,” he said.
He said the Moscow region administration has greenlit the construction of the expat village and that it will be financed by the relocating families.
The lawyer further claimed without offering evidence that “tens of thousands” of foreigners without Russian roots would like to move to Russia for similar ideological reasons.
The construction of a migrant village for Americans and Canadians has not yet been publicly announced by officials.
Russia, which has ranked among the worst countries for expats in recent years, experienced a major downturn in tourism and other foreign arrivals after the invasion of Ukraine.
Still, Federal Security Service (FSB) data recorded an uptick in visits for tourism, work, study and business to Russia in early 2023.

Reading them or complying with them... or both! LOL.

the only way someone like me , I have a felony for growing a plant , would be political asylum

an expat city for Americans and Canadians with consideration and emphasis on conservative minded ideology , I might have a chance

otherwise I am digging in , stock piling ammo , and will defend my place until the End.

oh yeah , I am currently in negotiations to purchase a blue water sailboat , that is my backup plan..

good luck down under Mate!

how do you like Greg Norman and LIV Golf?….awesome eh!

the only way someone like me , I have a felony for growing a plant , would be political asylum

Remind me to drop around your place if I visit the US. :cool:

oh yeah , I am currently in negotiations to purchase a blue water sailboat , that is my backup plan..

Prior to my wife's health falling apart, it was a bucket list desire to cruise the pacific. Instead, I race around the bay with a bunch of mad old cootes. Travel the seas and islands, post pictures and make me jealous... I can handle it... sort of. LOL.

Remind me to drop around your place if I visit the US. :cool:

Prior to my wife's health falling apart, it was a bucket list desire to cruise the pacific. Instead, I race around the bay with a bunch of mad old cootes. Travel the seas and islands, post pictures and make me jealous... I can handle it... sort of. LOL.

Brother Zed , you are welcome to stop by our place anytime

IMG_5674.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

Well, you're too late.

Google deleted all of his content and his channel! "Badwolf" was his handle. Maybe you can find him online?

Interesting investigation by Spiegel tying the Nord Stream explosion to the Ukraine

Investigating the Nord Stream AttackAll the Evidence Points To Kyiv​

It's a spy thriller that has the potential to change the course of international politics: A year ago, a secret commando blew up the Nord Stream pipelines in the Baltic Sea. Since then, investigators have been searching for the perpetrators. The leads they have found are extremely politically sensitive.

Seriously? Why would the Germans even bother now. They bent over for Uncle and took it dry and for what? Bunch of pu$$ies.

Interesting investigation by Spiegel tying the Nord Stream explosion to the Ukraine

Investigating the Nord Stream AttackAll the Evidence Points To Kyiv​

It's a spy thriller that has the potential to change the course of international politics: A year ago, a secret commando blew up the Nord Stream pipelines in the Baltic Sea. Since then, investigators have been searching for the perpetrators. The leads they have found are extremely politically sensitive.
Another distraction to what happened.

I think Seymour Hersh nailed it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Gates or Bezos had his assets seized because the US started a war somewhere? What would you do if you had property taken because of your government's actions? It seems to me to be an amazing double standard being applied here!

When the government of Antigua seized the ultra-luxury superyacht Alfa Nero last year, local officials may not have realized how difficult it would be to get rid of. The vessel's upkeep is costing Antigua nearly $30,000 per week, and is creating an insurance risk and tying up marina space that would otherwise be used for revenue - generating purposes. It has been auctioned off - but a legal dispute has prevented Antigua from completing the deal and transferring the vessel to a new owner.

Recently in a Sydney Hobart Race a TP52 class yacht had a misadventure. The rescue was badly handled, and the boat drifted onto shore, causing way more damage than needed. The lefty press got right into it, claiming that the local aboriginals had salvage rights and now owned the boat. I got into it with a journalist about it... basically I said don't be surprised if the owner steps back, claims insurance and says have at it. The thing in good repair cost's 100's of thousands to keep and around 1m a year to campaign. It lost a lot of value the moment it bounced on the beach, hard to repair to a 'new' status, and they are total money pits even when whole! The locals wouldn't be able to run it for a month! The noise died pretty quickly, they thought they had a prize... LOL.

U.K. Defense Chief Bullish on Ukraine’s Spring Offensive​

Ukraine has regained about half of the land Russia seized since the invasion began in February 2022, the United Kingdom chief of the defense staff said Thursday.

Adm. Sir Tony Radakin told a Hudson Institute audience Thursday that the Russian land force’s combat effectiveness has been reduced by 50 percent.

Radakin said that Ukraine’s achievement on the battlefield shouldn’t solely be measured tactically by how much territory it has regained in the summer counteroffensive but put up against Kyiv’s resolve to preserve its independence. “Conflicts morph” and “Ukraine will adapt.”

Air Denial Lessons from Ukraine​

Russia’s war in Ukraine demonstrates the changing character of war in the missile era. Reports from the battlefield make clear that, in 2022, Ukraine’s military nullified the larger and better equipped Russian Air Force. What is less clear is how.

At war’s outset, Russia’s air force had a greater than 10 to 1 advantage over Ukraine’s in total combat aircraft.1 Russia deployed some 350 for operations in Ukraine.2 In the first days of the war, Russia flew hundreds of sorties against Ukraine and had some success against Ukrainian air-defense systems. As the war turned from days to weeks, however, the Ukraine Defense Force neutralized Russia’s air force with dispersed, mobile, ground-based air-defense systems. Taking advantage of intelligence provided by the United States, Ukraine dispersed its forces, confusing the Russian military. Dispersed operations played an important role in the survivability of Ukraine’s air force.3

More:

U.K. Defense Chief Bullish on Ukraine’s Spring Offensive​

Ukraine has regained about half of the land Russia seized since the invasion began in February 2022, the United Kingdom chief of the defense staff said Thursday.

Adm. Sir Tony Radakin told a Hudson Institute audience Thursday that the Russian land force’s combat effectiveness has been reduced by 50 percent.

Radakin said that Ukraine’s achievement on the battlefield shouldn’t solely be measured tactically by how much territory it has regained in the summer counteroffensive but put up against Kyiv’s resolve to preserve its independence. “Conflicts morph” and “Ukraine will adapt.”

Some of what they're smoking. Quick.

Business Insider

The Russian pilot who defected to Ukraine with a Mi-8 helicopter is now providing key aviation intelligence to Ukraine, defense agency says​

• The Russian pilot who defected to Ukraine with a helicopter last month is now helping Ukraine fight Russia.
  • Maksym Kuzminov is providing Russian aviation intelligence to Ukraine.
  • Kuzminov was rewarded with $500,000 and he and his parents are safe in Ukraine.
The Russian pilot who defected to Ukraine with a Mi-8 helicopter last month is arming Ukraine with more than just military equipment.

Maksym Kuzminov, the helicopter pilot who switched sides in a daring defection, is now providing the Ukrainian military with key Russian aviation intelligence, according to an interview with Kuzminov released by the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine.

More:

This whole seizure thing is really bad precedent. Any country at any time can declare sanctions on another country anytime a huge vessel floats onto port and then they get to seize it?
Sounds like chit Castro would do. At one point they were building 200 or 300k condos (Late 90's I believe) After a bunch of people bought them Castro changed his mind and kept all the money. LOL.

Now is the time for businesses to look at Ukraine​

War can bring out the best in people, but it also sadly takes away many of the best among us. Around one-third of the more than six hundred member companies at the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (AmCham Ukraine) have seen employees killed during the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. Almost half of all member companies have experienced some form of damage to plants or facilities as a result of the invasion.

These figures reflect the tragic toll of the war on the Ukrainian people. Thousands of lives have been lost, and millions of Ukrainians have been forced from their homes. The scale of the destruction caused by Russia’s invasion has also been staggering and already runs to hundreds of billions of dollars in material damage. This total continues to rise on a daily basis.

Despite these horrors, the mood on the ground in Ukraine remains remarkably resilient. While lionhearted Ukrainians defend their country on the battlefield, companies work hard in the business arena to safeguard Ukraine’s economy and pave the way for future recovery. The Ukrainian business environment remains strikingly dynamic and innovative; for example, since the start of the full-scale invasion, AmCham Ukraine has welcomed 88 new member companies.

More:

This whole seizure thing is really bad precedent. Any country at any time can declare sanctions on another country anytime a huge vessel floats onto port and then they get to seize it?
Sounds like chit Castro would do. At one point they were building 200 or 300k condos (Late 90's I believe) After a bunch of people bought them Castro changed his mind and kept all the money. LOL.
IF you were what some might consider an ally of the US and you saw them, the US, confiscating money illegally would you maybe think about switching sides? Some people gotta go just on GP.

Now is the time for businesses to look at Ukraine​

War can bring out the best in people, but it also sadly takes away many of the best among us. Around one-third of the more than six hundred member companies at the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (AmCham Ukraine) have seen employees killed during the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. Almost half of all member companies have experienced some form of damage to plants or facilities as a result of the invasion.

These figures reflect the tragic toll of the war on the Ukrainian people. Thousands of lives have been lost, and millions of Ukrainians have been forced from their homes. The scale of the destruction caused by Russia’s invasion has also been staggering and already runs to hundreds of billions of dollars in material damage. This total continues to rise on a daily basis.

Despite these horrors, the mood on the ground in Ukraine remains remarkably resilient. While lionhearted Ukrainians defend their country on the battlefield, companies work hard in the business arena to safeguard Ukraine’s economy and pave the way for future recovery. The Ukrainian business environment remains strikingly dynamic and innovative; for example, since the start of the full-scale invasion, AmCham Ukraine has welcomed 88 new member companies.

More:

Detroit might be safer.

Back
Top Bottom