What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Since Your Love (ft. Brandon Hampton) - Official Video​

Freda Payne - Bring the Boys Home​

Vietnam War Song P

Vietnam War: Soul, Gospel, & Funk Records: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/JBrumm... In the song "Bring the Boys Home" (Invictus Records # 9092, US issue), Freda Payne emotionally pleaded with the politicians to end the war and send back the soldiers, noting the fathers and mothers left on the home front. It referenced the draft / call of Uncle Sam: "You marched them away...on ships and planes", and strongly attacked the purpose of the war, calling it "senseless" and "death in vain". Finally, Payne declared that "enough men have already been...killed". Influenced by the Philly Soul sound, with strings, the song had an upbeat tone, despite the serious and depressing lyrics, and it reached # 3 on the Billboard R&B charts, and # 12 on the pop charts.

Composed by General Johnson (from the band Chairmen of the Board), Greg Perry, and Angelo Bond, all involved with the Detroit based label Invictus Records - founded by Holland-Dozier-Holland after they left Motown Records in 1967. The song was banned from the American Armed Force network in South Vietnam. Payne discussed the song in a 2011 interview saying that it:

"was the height of the Vietnam War, and Richard Nixon was the President of the Republican party, and I remember first hearing it play and listening to it I was like, wow. It brought tears to my eyes. It touched my heart. And so we went into the studio and did it, and it reached gold status....Back then, shortly after the song was released, the record company got a telegram from D.C. from the U.S. government saying that my song would not be played in South Vietnam because it would be giving aid and comfort to the enemy....But people liked the song; they picked up on it. And the song still got heard over in Vietnam, because I run into people who were over there who said they heard it over there, and they said the song was encouraging to them and helped them".
3 mins 32 secs

One of my favorite singers. R.I.P. Christine.

Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere (Live) (Official Video) [HD]​

Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac perform "Everywhere" live at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, CA in May 1997 - newly remastered in HD to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the band's Billboard #1 live album 'The Dance'.
Original song from the 1987 album 'Tango In The Night.'
3 mis 22 secs

Claudine Clark - Party Lights​

JohnB1948Three

Born in Macon, GA, Clark grew up in Philadelphia and received formal musical training at the local Coombs College.
2 mins 19 secs

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On, 1971​

Bob Figurante
May 19, 2015

1971 Motown Time Capsule video featuring the song What's Going On by Marvin Gaye. Produced by the artist himself, What's Going On is a unified concept political album consisting of nine songs, most of which lead into the next, been categorized as a song cycle; the album ends on a reprise of the album's opening theme. The album is told from the point of view of a Vietnam War veteran returning to the country he had been fighting for, and seeing nothing but injustice, suffering and hatred. Backed by Motown Records' main studio band, the Funk Brothers.
4 mins 7 secs

I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no furtunate one, no
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, Lord?
But when the taxman come to the door
Lord, the house lookin' like a rummage sale, yeah
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no

Well, what's a man got left to fight for
When he's bought his freedom
By the look of this human jungle
It ain't just the poor who'll be bleeding!
Most everyone round here thinks they're something special
That destiny will be kind--
While they're digging for gold, diving for pearls,
& aiming for heaven from this man made world.
Come on down--the devil's in town
He's brought you sticks and stones
To bust your neighbors bones,
He's stuck his missiles in your gardens,
& his theories down your throat--
& god knows what your gonna do with him
'cause I certainly don't

Back
Top Bottom