GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You know, I been at GIM2 well over a decade 15+ and one of the top posters and contributors, yet was never nominated for the HoF. I was curious if there was a specific reason or just fell thru the cracks?

You know, I been at GIM2 well over a decade 15+ and one of the top posters and contributors, yet was never nominated for the HoF. I was curious if there was a specific reason or just fell thru the cracks?
I think most nominations recently were about specific long going informational threads. Like medical threads or long standing PM threads. I'm not sure about back in former years though.

About 40, but there are a bunch more to rescue.

FWIW: keef, Mujahid, Mr Paradise, 789, 917601, gnome, andial, Varmint Hunter, dacrunch, michael59. There's a few more just can't think of them right now.

FWIW: keef, Mujahid, Mr Paradise, 789, 917601, gnome, andial, Varmint Hunter, dacrunch, michael59. There's a few more just can't think of them right now.
If anyone knows how to contact Rebel Yell can you let him know

Yes. You get a window of time after submitting to make edits, but the window isn't unlimited.
Yes, the edit window. It does seem a bit brief. I would vote for an increase, say to 24 or 48 hours.
Like Avalon said:
Sometimes I go back and read what I write at 600am
Some members, in their haste with a quick reply (me being one of them) posts something that on later read sounds totally ridiculous. And on realizing what they said will edit the post to say what they thought they meant.

Anyhow... I'm just a newbe, only making a suggestion so us semi-somnolent posters don't look like doofuses.

BF

Yes, the edit window. It does seem a bit brief. I would vote for an increase, say to 24 or 48 hours.
Like Avalon said:

Some members, in their haste with a quick reply (me being one of them) posts something that on later read sounds totally ridiculous. And on realizing what they said will edit the post to say what they thought they meant.

Anyhow... I'm just a newbe, only making a suggestion so us semi-somnolent posters don't look like doofuses.

BF
I'm sure many things will be ironed out in the future, for now I bet PMB is pretty busy getting everyone registered.

I've adjusted the editing windows as follows:

'active' users group: 1 hour from initial post
'supporters' users group [month(ly) upgrade]: 24 hours
'benefactor' users group [year(ly) upgrade]: 48 hours

We're going to make spelling great again.

Like Avalon said:

BF
An example being when I posted on the all woman forum and accidently called the group COWS it timed out and I could not go back and fix it.

Goldbrix is the latest member!Screenshot_20221001-131843_Chrome.jpg

I've adjusted the editing windows as follows:

'active' users group: 1 hour from initial post
'supporters' users group [month(ly) upgrade]: 24 hours
'benefactor' users group [year(ly) upgrade]: 48 hours

We're going to make spelling great again.
Have to thank you for allowing us to invade your site!

We'd been discussing behind the scenes the starting over, getting a website name, hosting, running the software etc. and BigJim suggested here.

You've been an amazing host!

Thank you!

Can we talk @pmbug to give us a "GIM@ Refugee" tag on our profiles?

OK. If you would like to help me test this... Try adding (copy/paste to ensure exact spelling and capitilization):

GIM2 Refugee

to the occupation field of your profile. It might take 15 minutes or so for the forum to recognize it.

FWIW: keef, Mr Paradise, 789, gnome, andial, the_shootist. There's a few more just can't think of them right now.

Tenacity, fer sure.

No need to create separate accounts for your noms de plume, just use 'searcher'. More convenient to block and keep track of.

BTW, do you get paid the same for posts from each account and did you get an increase recently, you know, to "keep up with inflation"?

Probably a rhetorical question, but how do you keep track of all the forums you're influencing?

Just trying to help.

I'm in North Dakota, if that helps.

Do North Dakotans make Montana jokes?:)

Native South Central Montanan here. I have worked with a bunch of good guys from ND over the years. Most hailed from the Bismarck, Mandan, Center area. Salt of the Earth people and I’m better for knowing them.

Another GIM migrant. Waffled about moving and signing up for awhile. Thought it might be time cut the cord but I have learned far too much from the folks at GIM over the years to let that resource go. So, I registered this morning (took about 32 seconds, confirmation inclusive) and ponied up a year’s worth of support. My hope is to keep reading Lancers, dpong, Zed, Cigar, jelly and others until I can actually wrap my head around the trading and finance code that they speak. I have the time now that kids are gone- just not sure if I have the smarts…

Other than that, will resume what is primarily a lurking and learning net forum existence. Thanks to you all from GIM and thanks to pmbug for the open arms.

Sorry if it's been addressed already and I'm just missing it...but how does one set up their avatar?

Patience, and patience. I believe such capabilities will come. Lending to the idea that those who pop up with their avatars intact are better planners than I.

I just keep pushing buttons until something changes. Still working on the "GIM2 Refugee" Some of us still need baby steps

Sorry if it's been addressed already and I'm just missing it...but how does one set up their avatar?

Avatar privileges come when members get promoted from the new registered user group to the active member user group. Takes a day or so.

I just keep pushing buttons until something changes. Still working on the "GIM2 Refugee" Some of us still need baby steps
I don't recall how often the forum runs the chron job that would be checking for the refugee text. I thought it might be 15 minutes, but it could be hourly or daily. We'll see.

Avatar privileges come when members get promoted from the new registered user group to the active member user group. Takes a day or so.

I don't recall how often the forum runs the chron job that would be checking for the refugee text. I thought it might be 15 minutes, but it could be hourly or daily. We'll see.
I put it in a couple places, we'll see if one works

@pmbug -

Looking at my Junk email folder, I see that received a link to “register with purchased upgrades” that I blew by because I was moving too fast. My PP account has been duly charged but I don’t think I have been credited with the upgrades here. Can you help?

Back
Top Bottom