GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

“southfork” needs a hand getting activated with an aol.com email

I just drove from France to Italy over the Lower Saint Gothard Pass... with the "check engine" light on, which I didn't mention to my wife hahaha...

More than 200 hairpins later we're having a pleasant evening at her niece's place near Torino.

Gotta love having a camper, however small...

@Pyramid & @brosil - I moved you both to the 'active' users group. You should be able to set avatars, signatures, etc. now. Welcome to PMBug!
@pmbug
Thank you very much for your timeless efforts to accommodate us GIM refugees. Surely it has been a major time sink and PITA, but it will subside when most/all of us complete the migration here. We are all very appreciative of allowing us into your house and contributing to the effort in some fashion.

Also, a big hat tip to Big Jim, who apparently contacted PMBug to see if we might be welcome here, and for all the legwork getting many folks through the sign up process etc..

Many thanks, and get some much deserved rest pmbug and BigJim.

Yeah, now we own TWO houses and pay 10k a year in property taxes. It is fine for now as we are still working. The good thing about the NH house is that it is close to things I am working on….

Attachments

• D19BD30F-BA81-4CC4-B692-1256BE5544AE.jpeg
    D19BD30F-BA81-4CC4-B692-1256BE5544AE.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 70C0AE34-04CD-46E4-9A74-D5D77131BA4B.jpeg
    70C0AE34-04CD-46E4-9A74-D5D77131BA4B.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 13
@Bottom Feeder wanted to start a thread on this subject, but hasn't met the threshold yet to activate new thread permissions. So, I'm starting the thread for him.

First of all, welcome to members of GIM2 that are new to PMBug (whether lurking/exploring or jumping right in). I have actually been a member of GIM2 since 2011, though it's been a while since I was actively participating over there.

@BigJim approached me recently with the news about GIM2's end of life timeline and asked if would be OK to invite GIM2 members here (or otherwise mention this site over there). We are happy to welcome all new members as long as they can abide our very reasonable forum guidelines. That shouldn't be a problem for most folk.

PMBug is and has always been a fairly small community, so the forum doesn't currently have the breadth of forum rooms that you are used to with GIM2. No worries though. We have always been flexible with the structure of the site to keep topics organized per the membership's interests (ie. we can create new forum rooms as needed).

Bottom Feeder, feel free to hijack this thread as you like - I started it for you.
Just re read the OP and want to be repeated, PM BUG and crew, you're gracious, warm hospitality is appreciated more than you may know and can attest to the fact that you're literally saving lives...perhaps not as dramatically as it sounds, however it's fact that GIM2 and it's community literally has.

That stuff aside, thank you so much again good sir!

Back
Top Bottom