GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just checking, it looks like I successfully made the jump from the soon to be former GIM2 site...
now to pitch in some frns and figure out the Avatar and the stinking badges...
If you figure out the avatar - let me know because its a mystery...

@Unca Walt - I restored your account for now. I also adjusted your forum settings to subscribe to threads without email notifications. You have do the last step yourself or your account is likely to get deactivated again.

Click the first link in my signature. Follow instructions in paragraph 4 of post #2.

Your account was disabled because email notifications from the forum to you were bouncing.
NONE of these are checked to receive emails... How do I prevent a re-occurrence?

Receive news and update emails
  • Receive activity summary email We will keep you updated about new content when you haven't visited for a while.
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Show people's signatures

... How do I prevent a re-occurrence?

Click the down arrow next to Forums in the top of the page menu bar. On the drop down menu, select "Watched Threads". There should be a button top right of that page that says "Manage watched threads". Click that and then "disable email notifications".

Ps
Registered on a smartphone while traveling.
When I get around to logging in with a computer I'll probably have a better idea how to navigate the new lodgings..

Very grateful to find so many cherished faces from our home of 20 years, even though all of our past exchanges and contributions are getting deep sixed... What an irretrievable loss...

If you figure out the avatar - let me know because its a mystery...
You guys just gotta post enough to get to the minimum where the software clicks in.

The trick is not to have your own 'puter somehow kicking you to the curb. Like I got done to me a few times awreddy.

Hope I am here to stay now. I like it here.

pmbug is hot on the job and will help if you pull an Unca.

Last edited:
Bucks email bounced so he gave up. I nearly gave up myself. Who else is missing? Coppersmith said he’s not even going to bother. Defenz said he wasted to much time on GIM. I bet he capitulates.

I was locked out this morning. I pm'd someone on gim (who is here as well) to contact pmbug on my behalf to tell him what happened.

I'll give it a shot the next time I'm locked out. It may work now, while you are active, but not when you are locked out.

Like I said, all I could do was update my email which sent an activation email that I NEVER got. So no email, no activation, no posting or pm's. And "buttons" were either not present or not clickable.

I'll give it a shot the next time I'm locked out. It may work now, while you are active, but not when you are locked out.

Like I said, all I could do was update my email which sent an activation email that I NEVER got. So no email, no activation, no posting or pm's. And "buttons" were either not present or not clickable.

It will work. I used it before my account was confirmed. PMbug has been inundated with emails so it took awhile but I think he's caught up now.

1665361657005.png

Everyone (even unregisteted guests) should be able to use the contact us page to send me an email.

I'm doing what I can to help folks whose emails are bouncing, but the admin control panel doesn't let me change the settings on watched threads. Folks need to follow the instructions I have posted numerous times (paragraph 4 of post 2 of the first link in my signature) immediately upon logging in to the forum. Especially if they have posted in a thread that gets frequent replies.

Bucks email bounced so he gave up.
Send him a PM on gim and ask him to give it another go. The same thing happened to me. PMBug fixed it. Best advice is to turn off email notifications in your profile and for "watched threads". Somewhere in this thread @pmbug posted instructions on how to do it.

If it happens to me again, I'll just make a new email addy from somewhere else.

Best thing is to contact PMBug.
I couldn't. I was not allowed to post or pm.
Like I said, all I could do was update my email which sent an activation email that I NEVER got. So no email, no activation, no posting or pm's.
If the forum sends you too many emails that bounce, it downgrades your acct. Supposed to protect against drive-by spammers and the like.

@pmbug , when this situation happens and people accidently get locked out for bounced emails, have you considered allowing PM messages to still be sent? That way the peeps this happen to would have a way to contact you directly on the forum w/o having to rely on a third party to contact you on their behalf?
.....and hopefully avoid the following?
PMbug has been inundated with emails so it took awhile
Edited to add: n/m, just saw your post above mine. I didn't know that was an option.

It may work now, while you are active, but not when you are locked out.
Ah, and that's why I used a different browser to 'test' it. One that doesn't auto login....

I am a computer geek ya know!

Just add a bit more info. When the system told me my emails were bouncing back. I changed my email address to one on Gmail. Asked for another confirmation email and guess what, no email was received there either. When it wants you out, it wants you out. But I'll make note of the "contact us" button for next time.

Also I never had any buttons clicked for email confirmation on anything in the preferences section. Who needs more emails?

I'm sure Mr Bug is beyond inundated. He may have to quit his day job.

Last edited:
Unclicked everything but cannot get rid of the notification bell for this thread.

Unclicked everything but cannot get rid of the notification bell for this thread.
I continued to get some emails until I clicked an option on one of the emails themselves. It said something to the effect of "stop all email notifications from threads." I wish I had taken a screen pic of it but I didn't. Once I clicked that email, all my email notices stopped.

Oops! I just checked and I did take a screen shot. Here it is:

NotificationEmails.jpg

Bucks email bounced so he gave up. I nearly gave up myself. Who else is missing? Coppersmith said he’s not even going to bother. Defenz said he wasted to much time on GIM. I bet he capitulates.
This a community. When the lights go out at GIM2 I bet many will find this place as this a social addiction with folk with mutual interests.

Back
Top Bottom