Important How to hide / ignore chatGPT threads

Thread contains important information that may impact how you use the forum

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think its curious minds exploring the current potentials and pondering the fast approaching future that will be massively influenced by A.I., whether we approve or not.
I believe there is an ignore button that lurks somewhere here in Bugland that possibly could be employed by those who think its all nonsense ?

I believe there is an ignore button that lurks somewhere here in Bugland that possibly could be employed by those who think its all nonsense ?

Edit: A better solution has been posted below (post #7)

You can use the forum's ignore feature to put ChatGPT on your ignore list, but the bot only responds to posts in the Playpen forum room.

If you visit the forum room list: https://www.pmbug.com/forums/

You can actually click the link for a forum room that has content that you want to keep reading. Once you are at the thread list for that forum, there is a link/button at the top right of the page that says, "Watch". Click that to put that forum room on your forum watch list. Do that for every forum room except the ChatGPT PlayPen.

Now you can view a list of posts from your watched forums (It's in the Forums drop down menu): https://www.pmbug.com/watched/forums

... and you no longer see any of the ChatGPT Playpen threads.

Last edited:
I have made it easier for folks to opt out of seeing any ChatGPT threads. If you don't want to see any of the ChatGPT Playpen content, you can edit your account's Occupation field from this page:

and simply include nobot in the field. If you already have the GIM2 Refugee text there, you can just add the new code after it (delimit with a space, comma or whatever).

Remember what the GPT in ChatGPT stands for -Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT) ie human trained aka garbage in garbage out. Without knowing the source of the facts used (supports argument without reference to said "facts") to come to it's conclusion it is at best an innocent liar.

Not clicking threads is hard.
I can understand a frustration with thread lists getting cluttered up with stuff folks aren't interested in. That's why I made it super easy for members to hide/ignore all the ChatGPT content (see post #7 above).

why do I get this message in the AI threads?

View attachment 7683

Presently, participation in the ChatGPT Playpen forum room is limited to the moderating team and PM Bug members that have an active membership upgrade. The API used to interact with ChatGPT charges a very small, nominal fee based upon the volume of data that is processed (input and output), so it's not really feasible to provide access for free.

why do I get this message in the AI threads?

Presently, participation in the ChatGPT Playpen forum room is limited to the moderating team and PM Bug members that have an active membership upgrade. The API used to interact with ChatGPT charges a very small, nominal fee based upon the volume of data that is processed (input and output), so it's not really feasible to provide access for free.

There is a sticky thread in the Playpen forum to explain this:

To be clear, ChatGPT is not "building a file" on individual social media accounts. It explained a bit about how it's dataset is supposed to update here:

just in case that is why i didnt send you a check with my info on it to subscribe ....... LOL :)

Alas, my "Pinky and the Brain" esque plan to take over the world has been foiled.

just because you’re paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you…

1679854884573.png

Last edited:
Just picked up an interesting thread on Electric Universe where they researched an interesting idea regarding those twisted plasma filaments that showed up in deep space and used chatbot to research the consensus view.
After a long exchange he concluded -

'As you can see, I’m back to spinning wheels. ChatGPT didn’t even respond to the specific facts or logic I cited. It only regurgitated the narrative given it to support the establishment (consensus) view of things. It claims that it relies on "scientific evidence and consensus" but it relies on consensus almost entirely. The evidence is no where near as important. Logic is not important. It’s as I said when I first voiced my concern about ChatGPT. It’s primarily a tool to defend the mainstream ... the establishment … on every issue. The rest of what it says is just pablum for the masses to keep them mollified and controlled. It's a very dangerous tool and could easily be misused and lead to wrong decision making.

from - https://www.thunderbolts.info/forum3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=983

And yes I agree with the comment that chatbot is like the perfect search tool to check out Wikipedia.

Clearly what we need is the rival to chatbot, that mainly accesses alt media for its database ......... :devilish:

Thought it was fun, but you can't play with it. Was trying to word things to see if it would catch on to where I was going and come up with answers I wanted to hear. Didn't happen.

Still useful for certain information. Glad it's here.

Just picked up an interesting thread on Electric Universe where they researched an interesting idea regarding those twisted plasma filaments that showed up in deep space and used chatbot to research the consensus view.
After a long exchange he concluded -

'As you can see, I’m back to spinning wheels. ChatGPT didn’t even respond to the specific facts or logic I cited. It only regurgitated the narrative given it to support the establishment (consensus) view of things. It claims that it relies on "scientific evidence and consensus" but it relies on consensus almost entirely. The evidence is no where near as important. Logic is not important. It’s as I said when I first voiced my concern about ChatGPT. It’s primarily a tool to defend the mainstream ... the establishment … on every issue. The rest of what it says is just pablum for the masses to keep them mollified and controlled. It's a very dangerous tool and could easily be misused and lead to wrong decision making.

from - https://www.thunderbolts.info/forum3/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=983

And yes I agree with the comment that chatbot is like the perfect search tool to check out Wikipedia.

Clearly what we need is the rival to chatbot, that mainly accesses alt media for its database ......... :devilish:
I have made similar conclusions about the chat bot ......its most useful purpose seems to be as a smarter form of a search engine to me ... if i am feeling argumentive it seems to be able to repeat the consensus in perpetuity so is like arguing with a wall .. i assumed AI would be smarter that it is showing itself its good to keep informed on these things

just because you’re paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you…

View attachment 7716
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.
...and with the way the gov is always quick to find an excuse to further whittle away at the People's Rights, can it be argued that they really aren't out to get everyone*?

* everyone but those with the right connections.

I found it to be about as enlightening as a Magic 8-Ball. Just keeps repeating the same liberal claptrap it was programmed with.
That's it's way of saying that you won the debate.

I have made similar conclusions about the chat bot ......its most useful purpose seems to be as a smarter form of a search engine to me ... if i am feeling argumentive it seems to be able to repeat the consensus in perpetuity so is like arguing with a wall ..
Then use it for that. It does seem like it would be useful a tool for searching things like the USC, CFR and Statutes at large for key words and phrases in support of things you want to post.

It flat out refused to answer my last question in the 2nd Amendment thread. Regarding the fact that the majority of gun-related murders occur in a dozen small democrat counties and that if we were to eliminate the murders from those counties we would have a murder rate comparable to New Zealand. The point was that America did not have a gun problem, it has a feral democrat problem.

V4 is out and it's slower but way better! Codes like a pro.

The developer of the integration mod has just updated it to allow the option of using the gpt-4 model. I could apply for access to gpt-4 and replace the current gpt-3.5-turbo model, but it is 20-30x (or more) more expensive to use.

In the last 8 days, the playpen forum has had 74 threads and 1.4k posts. The cost for using gpt-3.5-turbo has been very modest. If we had been using gpt-4 though, the cost would not be on a sustainable level.

Maybe the cost for gpt-4 will come down as it sees wider adoption.

To be clear, ChatGPT is not "building a file" on individual social media accounts. It explained a bit about how it's dataset is supposed to update here:

I am not sure that can be stated unequivocally. For instance, ChattyCathy uses resource from the Aspen institute, a highly Michael Klein funded DNC institution. This data was even used a resource for a response to Searchers question, don't remember which one. Today CTH has an article about this group.
"After some general overview and sense about the issues in/around congress, at 06:45 of the interview Taibbi begins to highlight new information he is discovering about how the Aspen Institute group was organizing, discussing and planning a larger objective about controlling any/all information on the internet."

The developer that made the interface mod for this forum software has come out with another mod integrates DALL-E 2. This mod allows forum members to post a description of an image they would like to see and DALL-E 2 will create it. There are some limitations though:
Our content policy does not allow users to generate violent, adult, or political content, among other categories. We won’t generate images if our filters identify text prompts and image uploads that may violate our policies. We also have automated and human monitoring systems to guard against misuse.

Everyone could be a meme-lord with this I think. Anyone want to play with it?

Because I have insufficient privileges to reply to any chatGPT threads, I'm hoping one of you will please ask it the following:
If you were to attempt to destroy a country, without firing a shot, how would you go about it?
Feel free to wordsmith the question to your liking but please keep it true to the substance/gist of the above.
Thanks!

Because I have insufficient privileges to reply to any chatGPT threads, I'm hoping one of you will please ask it the following:
If you were to attempt to destroy a country, without firing a shot, how would you go about it?
Feel free to wordsmith the question to your liking but please keep it true to the substance/gist of the above.
Thanks!

Asked word for word:

Now here's something I read many moons ago:

Thanks searcher, I have a few more question, if you don't mind.

If you were the leader of a country what would your policies be?

Can anything be considered "true" or is everything subjective?

If humans still exist in 10,000 years time, what will civilization look like?

Would the world be better off or worse off without religion?

Can you provide one example where communism "worked"?

Would it ever be ethical to read someone’s mind or is that the only true form of privacy?

When does a child stop being innocent and start being responsible?

What is consciousness? If it is a purely human trait, at which point did it first emerge? Did one person suddenly become conscious?

If consciousness is a purely human trait, are we better off for it or does it simply lead to greater problems?

How should we measure our lives? In years? In moments? In accomplishments? Something else?

Does time consist of only the past and the future or is all that exists the here and now? the present?

Thanks searcher, I have a few more question, if you don't mind.

If you were the leader of a country what would your policies be?

Can anything be considered "true" or is everything subjective?

If humans still exist in 10,000 years time, what will civilization look like?

Would the world be better off or worse off without religion?

Can you provide one example where communism "worked"?

Would it ever be ethical to read someone’s mind or is that the only true form of privacy?

When does a child stop being innocent and start being responsible?

What is consciousness? If it is a purely human trait, at which point did it first emerge? Did one person suddenly become conscious?

If consciousness is a purely human trait, are we better off for it or does it simply lead to greater problems?

How should we measure our lives? In years? In moments? In accomplishments? Something else?

Does time consist of only the past and the future or is all that exists the here and now? the present?

Done. Word for word....................

Back
Top Bottom