New PayPal Policy Lets Company Pull $2,500 From Users’ Accounts If They Promote ‘Misinformation’

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

YOWZA. I pointed out this nasty crap a few weeks ago. The "hook" is on Page 3 or thereabouts on the contract you electrically sign. They changed not a single word.

I just checked the PayPal AUP page. It has not been changed since September 2021.
Here it is.

you acknowledge and agree that USD 2,500.00 (or the prevailing equivalent in the currency of the country in which you reside) per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is:
Edited to add: I'm amazed I found that. Lol
I was in the middle of a post asking Walt to provide a link, but decided to go look for myself. The doc is at least a hundred pages long and it sure ain't on page 3. Lol

So I did a buncha quick swips (on a phone) and let it wildly scroll a few times, and amazingly the last time I did it, it stopped right on that part I quoted. It was f'ing amazing. Lol

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Spread that around, Pilgrims. It is doggone important... and crucial to some.

Notice that it says that $2500. is the minimum estimate of damages that your violation causes paypal.

That implies that they reserve the Right to determine that damages exceed $2500.

Last edited:
Yes, the $2,500 per violation stuff has always been in the AUP. That's the point that was raised earlier in this thread and in @Unca Walt 's thread:

My point is that they haven't yet changed the criteria for what constitutes a violation to include "misinformation". They still have the old language about hate and discrimination.

For posterity because I thought it was posted here, but I didn't see it while composing this post:

Prohibited activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that … relate to … the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime ….

What exactly does "intolerance" consist of? In todays loony leftist mindset, virtually anything they don't like is called intolerance.

Just seems kinda open ended, and with the potential for abuse.

Edited to add: and in todays political climate with the leftists claiming that those with traditionally conservative values are borderline faschists, does selling MAGA hats run a risk of them accusing you of "intolerance"?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is exactly it. They just defined your speech as having to slip under whatever they decide at any time is "intolerant" in their sole discretion.

You think maybe "Arkancide" is an "intolerant" word? Ka-ching! For EACH time you said it.

The even worse part about the AUP is that they decide violations in their sole discretion. They don't have to justify their decisions. There is no oversight and no recourse. It's bullshit. No sane person should agree to do business under those terms.

Prohibited activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that … relate to … the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime ….

What exactly does "intolerance" consist of? In todays loony leftist mindset, virtually anything they don't like is called intolerance.

Just seems kinda open ended, and with the potential for abuse.

Edited to add: and in todays political climate with the leftists claiming that those with traditionally conservative values are borderline faschists, does selling MAGA hats run a risk of them accusing you of "intolerance"?

Last I knew Theft was certainly a form of Intolerance. Ironic, don't ya think?

The even worse part about the AUP is that they decide violations in their sole discretion. They don't have to justify their decisions. There is no oversight and no recourse. It's bullshit. No sane person should agree to do business under those terms.
And no one would... But the majority of users of PayPal do not know.

It's stuff like that as to why I never have and won't ever become a user of any of those sites.
Paypal, facebook, twitter, etc etc. They all use that type of wording so that the user (their customers) have little to no Rights when using the site. Everything is pre-loaded to be fully in their favor.

Chris Muir is doing his part on Day By Day (Ms Portago's hubby Don Portago is a multi-BB$)
1667046255324.png

Back
Top Bottom