Premium memberships - help support the site

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

OK. So I spent half my day getting paperwork, bank account and a PO Box set up, but it's done. If you want to pay by check (no pounds of human flesh please), you can make it out to:

Measuring Up
P.O. Box 130
Friendswood, TX 77549

Please write your forum username in the memo field so I know what account to credit. Thanks for your support. :)

~~~

I'm not quite ready for crypto payments, but I'll be conducting my due diligence for that soon. I'll let you know when I have a wallet set for it.

Thanks. You have gone above and beyond in terms of accommodating requests.

OK. So I spent half my day getting paperwork, bank account and a PO Box set up, but it's done. If you want to pay by check (no pounds of human flesh please), you can make it out to:

Measuring Up
P.O. Box 130
Friendswood, TX 77549

Please write your forum username in the memo field so I know what account to credit. Thanks for your support. :)
----------------------------------------
Well, it's 3AM and I just got out of the shower... and I figger the P.O. in town isn't open yet... so I'll put the check in the mailbox at first light.

You have no idea how glad I am that THIS TIME... this noted ONCE!! It wuzzn't me screwing up. Well... technically, mebbe I had a little... I dunno.

And I must say I am astonished at your unique, super-quick and very positive reaction to problem after problem.

Mongo impressed. 🥳

Last edited:

Measuring Up
P.O. Box 130
Friendswood, TX 77549

~~~

I'm not quite ready for crypto payments, but I'll be conducting my due diligence for that soon. I'll let you know when I have a wallet set for it.

thanks Amigo!

I will get a check in the mail today!

(famous last words eh)

I wanted to thank all the GIM2 refugees that have been very generous with jumping in right away to support the site before even really getting to know much about me. I can only assume that when @BigJim suggested it, his opinion carried a good bit of weight with you folk.

Anyway, you have all invested in this site and I am working to honor that by making some necessary improvements as I can (now, with your support). I've already renewed the forum software license in order to install the latest version of the software (which was completed this afternoon). I'm strongly considering adding a 3rd party professionally designed styling theme that lets you easily configure light and dark modes for folks who interact with the forum on mobile devices. I'm also eyeing a couple of other improvements that would bring more organic (non-GIM2) traffic to the forum and improve site performance and features. Thank you everyone for your support.

Don't break the bank. A seperate android app would be suffient, but not necessary. Everything else is fine to me.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone here helping out us Newbies do some navigating on the site.
Evidently, I need to post a few more times to graduate from diapers to Pull-Ups.
Then, I can see if Paypal still recognizes me.
Otherwise, I still have paper checks and some stamps here somewhere.

Only use PP when places like this ONLY accept PP. Then it is a payment from my debit card only. Never use it other wise, shame folks can find or create a system w/o vig, or at least vig not going to PP.
FUQUE PP..

Thanks to everyone here helping out us Newbies do some navigating on the site.
Evidently, I need to post a few more times to graduate from diapers to Pull-Ups.
Then, I can see if Paypal still recognizes me.
Otherwise, I still have paper checks and some stamps here somewhere.
If you have a debit card use it. I did and I don't have a PP account. Usually just a little lower on the enrollment screen

Page not found and I can't see anywhere that I can enter any debit card info. I have clicked every possible option in my user control panel.

Page not found and I can't see anywhere that I can enter any debit card info. I have clicked every possible option in my user control panel.
Tried this ?
Click on your username at the top right of the page. See 'Account upgrades' link on the drop down menu. There is also a direct link in the OP of this thread.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Stripe. They must have a serious queue of folks signing up...

I also tried to create an account with 2checkout, but their website wasn't working (wouldn't let me submit account registration info). I reached out to their tech support. *sigh*

Found that before what do I click on upgrade now?
I'm not sure I understand your question, but there are 5 choices:
  1. Send a check by mail. You choose the amount. At least $5 for one month, at least $50 for a year
  2. Monthly subscription (recurring charge)
  3. 1 Month upgrade (one time charge - at least $5)
  4. Yearly subscription (recurring charge)
  5. 1 Year (one time charge - at least $50)

Choose the 'upgrade now' button corresponding to your choice. Currently only PayPal is available for processing credit cards. I'm working to get alternative processors in place.

I heard from another poster mention that a debit card was an option. I know you can pay by check.

If you have a debit card use it. I did and I don't have a PP account. Usually just a little lower on the enrollment screen
This post. So where is the pay by debit card option amigo?

I could be wrong, but PayPal might be able to process payments from either credit card or debit card.

I could be wrong, but PayPal might be able to process payments from either credit card or debit card.
Dumped PayPal. OK well I ordered checks from my CU so that's my option for now at least. Thanks Bug.

I would have thought.

Because I did some long-distance buying, before there wuz th' InterwebZ.

I remember, unemployed and with a car that was rusting out, wanting a solid used car. I did what Ohioans have done, time out of mind: I went south, looking for an older, rust-free model. The idea was to sell my rust-bucket, which would quickly be bought by a redneck for its good engine; and buy a worn-out Southern car, get it North, and have my local junkyard (Jalopy Jungle was its name) install a fresh engine.

I settled on a 1971 Ford Econoline van. This was in the tail end of the Sin Bin era, and that Ford had promise. Simple drivetrain; no rust; no interior. Owned by a 50something couple; they'd set it in their front yard with a FOR SALE sign.

I forget why I wasn't traveling with money. Probably fear of redneck sheriffs looking to take tolls. "Macon County Line" and all that. Plan was, I'd either use a credit card (dealer) or have money sent down.

The couple wouldn't take a deposit to hold it. They wanted the money NOW, or the next guy with the money would get it. In retrospect, that was perfectly reasonable. Well, I figured, I could have money wired down to me...

I was wrong. I would have had to open a bank account, and that entailed ID and a local address. Western Union was out, for some reason. We went around for four days, and I was just lucky the truck didn't sell. Nor were the sellers very happy, even though they did get paid their price at the end.

Things like PP solved these issues; but I always figured there would be a Yeah-But involved. Now we find out - just how unstable are autistic coders and tech savants, when they somehow discover the power to torment the users of their site, software, or system.

Just now reviewing my PP ("guest") credit-card payment...it appears it's an ANNUAL $50 deal, not a one-time deal. I don't know if I looked past the notice or if it's something else.

It's not necessarily a problem; except that I have no idea where I'll be in a year, in relation to this site or what. And I don't know how PP can process another "guest" sale of a credit card without another card authorization. Meantime, my card expires in a few months, so the data they have is going to be no good.

Is this automatic, or is there a place I can update my billing? The receipt said that to cancel recurring billing, contact the merchant, Measuring Up. Which of course is this board.

Input? Instructions?

PM.. how are you coming on the new pay system? I have one thing to striaghtnen out before I can close my paypal. I can always send a check but am hoping a new pay system may work for other things too.

Input? Instructions?
I suggest logging in to PayPal and canceling the subscription. Your account upgrade will simply expire after the year that you paid for is over and then you can choose to buy another upgrade or not as you like.

PM.. how are you coming on the new pay system? I have one thing to striaghtnen out before I can close my paypal. I can always send a check but am hoping a new pay system may work for other things too.
I'm still waiting to hear back from Stripe on them approving my account to 'go live'.

I haven't been able to get in the door with 2checkout yet. Technical problems. Really fun stuff. BTW, 2checkout has some similar language in their AUP about hate/discrimination/etc., but they merely reserve the right to cancel an account, not steal from you.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Stripe on them approving my account to 'go live'.

I haven't been able to get in the door with 2checkout yet. Technical problems. Really fun stuff. BTW, 2checkout has some similar language in their AUP about hate/discrimination/etc., but they merely reserve the right to cancel an account, not steal from you.
How are donations by check going to work? Will you PM a po box address.?

I suggest logging in to PayPal and canceling the subscription. Your account upgrade will simply expire after the year that you paid for is over and then you can choose to buy another upgrade or not as you like.
Paypal has to go. I also will not use Gofundme anymore. Its a start.

How are donations by check going to work? Will you PM a po box address.?
Instructions are posted on the account upgrade page. Also in this thread:

... If you want to pay by check (no pounds of human flesh please), you can make it out to:

Measuring Up
P.O. Box 130
Friendswood, TX 77549

See, I did it as a "guest." Meaning, there's no logging in for me.

In instructions on the receipt, it says to contact the merchant to cancel.

Like I say, it's not an issue yet, and may not be, ever. But this is new territory for me. And, a year from now, you may have tired of my potty-mouth and singular views, apart from my proclivity to hoard certain metals. I may be off to Banned Camp...o_O

Many t'anks.

Sorry about that. I guess I should have read the fine print.

Seems we're all finding out...the old-fashioned way, the "hard" way, might be the easier way.

In a year, I'll get you a cashier's check to your P.O. box. Save us all some hassles.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom