Premium memberships - help support the site

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Any way to pay in crypto?
Maybe? I mean it's been a long time since I checked on what payment providers had integration options with this forum software. The big issue for me is that the integrations need to handle the user promotions/demotions so I'm not having to manually keep track of who's paid what and which members have lapsed and so forth. Aint no one got time for that.

I'll see what's possible and get back to you on that.

Jeepers. I ain't even offa the first page and I am relieved. I was wondering how this place could exist and just take on a load of weirdos.

I will get my Scottish Witch to send in some dough by PayPal.

Where does it get sent to? I haven't a clue. (Remember: this is the guy who screwed up his own email addy, thereby getting hisself locked inna loop.)

So... PayPal to:

Do you, PM, or anyone, need a private message or email to track who's sending what?

I have a PayPal account; but it's tied to a different email than the one I used to register here. I'd be happy to tell you who's sending "my" money...let me know.
Hey Man!!! Don't blow it! I hacked that sucker 18 years ago on ya. Been dippin' ever since.

Another payment plan (howabouta check) would be helpful to me since I refuse, in any capacity, to use paypal any more.

I investigated additional payment options for this forum software. There is a native integration option for Stripe which I could set up if there is interest from you all. I've never used Stripe, so I would have to jump through whatever hoops they have to set up a (merchant) account with them. They are essentially another credit card processor . I assume that members wanting to use Stripe would have to create their own Stripe accounts, so it would be a lot like using PayPal as far as I can tell.

There is a free 3rd party mod available right now that creates a payment gateway for payments with crypto (bitcoin and litecoin currently). This mod is using devsell.io as the backbone for handling transactions. That service is apparently still in the beta testing phase of it's development. Might work great. Might not. Not sure I want to go through a lot of effort to set it up and be a guinea pig.

Click on your username at the top right of the page. See 'Account upgrades' link on the drop down menu. There is also a direct link in the OP of this thread.
Nope and nope. Both of those go to the Gift thingy. Tried them right off before.

Cannot get "Verboten User" Unca Walt on the ticket. Is there a third way to sign up for a year?

Like others here. I will mail you a personal check.

I investigated additional payment options for this forum software. There is a native integration option for Stripe which I could set up if there is interest from you all. I've never used Stripe, so I would have to jump through whatever hoops they have to set up a (merchant) account with them. They are essentially another credit card processor . I assume that members wanting to use Stripe would have to create their own Stripe accounts, so it would be a lot like using PayPal as far as I can tell.

There is a free 3rd party mod available right now that creates a payment gateway for payments with crypto (bitcoin and litecoin currently). This mod is using devsell.io as the backbone for handling transactions. That service is apparently still in the beta testing phase of it's development. Might work great. Might not. Not sure I want to go through a lot of effort to set it up and be a guinea pig.

No sense in jumping hoops. Just inquiring.

LOL, my last payment to the bear was 2 ASEs shipped.

I think he liked that action...

I also sent my contribution via snailmail as I try to provide as little tracking info as possible.

I hope when things slow down a little for our host, he finds a way to accommodate those you hate to enrich the establishment

Nope and nope. Both of those go to the Gift thingy. Tried them right off before.

The 'account upgrade' link takes you to the page listing options for upgrading your own account. The 'gift upgrade' button underneath usernames while view a thread/post takes you to the page listing options for gifting an upgrade to for the member associated with the button.

It's the same page of upgrade options. The difference is who the upgrade applies to.

The 'account upgrade' link takes you to the page listing options for upgrading your own account. The 'gift upgrade' button underneath usernames while view a thread/post takes you to the page listing options for gifting an upgrade to for the member associated with the button.

It's the same page of upgrade options. The difference is who the upgrade applies to.
Forgive me if it's been asked, but is there a way to add a signature line?

Thanks...I just ponied up the loot today, so I guess I gotta wait a day or so for that to populate.

How do we see all the forum categories without going thru New Posts?

I want to research the forum and start a new thread without being redundant.

Forgive me if it's been asked, but is there a way to add a signature line?

Goldhedge showed how. This link explains why you might not see it yet:

Thanks...I just ponied up the loot today, so I guess I gotta wait a day or so for that to populate.
Based upon what I see, you should be able to set your signature, custom title, etc. right now.

If you want the GIM2 Refugee green badge, see Post #226 here:

Badge1.jpg

Click on your name in the top upper right, then click on "Account details" and scroll down to "Occupation" and fill in Exactly as stated in post 226.

GIM2 Refugee

Badge2.jpg

and then click the SAVE button!

Badge3.jpg

OK. So apparently I'm the idoit.

There is a way to manually set user group upgrades in the ACP so that the forum keeps track of the expiration dates. I was unaware that this feature existed. So it should be possible for me to accept personal checks and/or crypto without getting bogged down with keeping track of everyone's account status.

today-show-newscast.gif

Give me a little time to get things set up on my end. I'll post instructions as soon as everything is in order.

How do we see all the forum categories without going thru New Posts?

I want to research the forum and start a new thread without being redundant.
Click on Forums up top? Or was there something else you had in mind?

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 9.58.02 AM.png

Last edited:
There is a way to manually set user group upgrades in the ACP so that the forum keeps track of the expiration dates. I was unaware that this feature existed. So it should be possible for me to accept personal checks and/or crypto without getting bogged down with keeping track of everyone's account status.
AWESOME.
Thanks again.

Gawd luv yer bones, but when I clicked on the right account update, I got a page asking for my birthdate, where I come from, and if I wanted a jillion options.

I filled it all out, but when I went back to find the ORIGINAL reason I went there (eg: where and how to send some gelt to pmbug) it was all erased. That ain't important. What is important is what is missing.

So I still have absolutely no clue how to send some shekels. An address would work. A PayPal pigeonhole to click would possibly work with my Scottish Witch working it. (Neither of us use it, but she is smarter than I am and may be able to figure out how to use PayPal... **IF** we had an address/link/place to engage the PayPal thrusters.

But neither address nor PayPal link has been shown to this ole sojer. Just goodie box options.

HALP!!

How.

Did.

You.

Fargin.

Do.

It????

Letter by letter, line by line, what page, how get there, how send, and WTF, Over? ;-)

How.

Did.

You.

Fargin.

Do.

It????

Letter by letter, line by line, what page, how get there, how send, and WTF, Over? ;-)

1. Click on your big "H" avatar
2. Click on "account upgrades"
3. Pick your poison $50 for a year is best
4. Automatically takes you to paypal
5. Pay yer loot
6. You are now da man

Attachments

• A7E354D4-DBDA-43CD-8231-CBABA96EF1A9.png
    A7E354D4-DBDA-43CD-8231-CBABA96EF1A9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • CF618A63-E80E-4106-915F-CC1CBAAFDFED.png
    CF618A63-E80E-4106-915F-CC1CBAAFDFED.png
    862 KB · Views: 1
Account upgrades
Your account
Gift Upgrade
User name
Enter the username of the user you want to gift an account upgrade.

Proceed…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I get rather than your second page.

NO option for Himself -- Zerio. Click on Account upgrades, get ONLY the above.

Step 3 is not available to me. I can ONLY get to the C&P above.

Account upgrades
Your account
Gift Upgrade
User name
Enter the username of the user you want to gift an account upgrade.

Proceed…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what I get rather than your second page.

NO option for Himself

Step 3 is not available to me. I can ONLY get to the C&P above.

Some functions are NOT available until you have been here long enough to shed them diapers

You know....in case you're a SpamBot

This may be one of them....

Give me a little time to get things set up on my end. I'll post instructions as soon as everything is in order.

OK. So I spent half my day getting paperwork, bank account and a PO Box set up, but it's done. If you want to pay by check (no pounds of human flesh please), you can make it out to:

Measuring Up
P.O. Box 130
Friendswood, TX 77549

Please write your forum username in the memo field so I know what account to credit. Thanks for your support. :)

~~~

I'm not quite ready for crypto payments, but I'll be conducting my due diligence for that soon. I'll let you know when I have a wallet set for it.

Just sent in a membership (annual) via crud dit card.

Hope it records properly. Did it as a PayPal "guest" and the process was easy. Let's see if the payment follows...the email is the one registered here.

Looks like it processed already. Thanks for your support. :)

Back
Top Bottom