The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't get the fascination with trying to make a gazillion dollars. Just 20 million is like 16 monster boxes of gold or 1142 monster boxes of silver. Thats enough wealth for a huge home and 2 or 3 Filippina girls to take care of the place. With the money this kitty dude has he can add in a Mangusta 130 for winter living in a warm climate and still not even blink an eye.

I don't get the fascination with trying to make a gazillion dollars. Just 20 million is ... enough wealth ...

giphy.webp

It is my understanding that markets are closed in China for Monday. They re-open on Tuesday. Gold and silver might struggle a bit until then.

Goes along with what Armstrong pointed out above

In One Chart​

$7.6 trillion of publicly held U.S. government debt matures in next 12 months. What does the Treasury do next?​

Probably get refinanced in 2 year notes and anything that the market does buy the fed will. The fed will keep on buying as long as Americans keep on paying taxes.

Wednesday is shaping up to be one of the most important days of the year for economic news, as investors will hear about the path of inflation and the manner in which the Federal Reserve plans to react.

In a one-two punch that starts in the morning with the pivotal consumer price index reading for May and ends with the Fed’s policy meeting in the afternoon, vital signals will be sent about the direction of the economy and whether policymakers can soon take their foot off the brake.

The day “packs months of macro risk into one day,” wrote UBS economist Jonathan Pingle.

Tomorrow is likely to be volatile.

First event of the morning was a cooler than expected CPI print:
The consumer price index showed no increase in May as inflation slightly loosened its stubborn grip on the U.S. economy, the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

CPI, a broad inflation gauge that measures a basket of goods and services costs across the U.S. economy, held flat on the month though it increased 3.3% from a year ago, according to the department's Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.1% monthly gain and a 3.4% annual rate.

Gold, silver and cryptos jumped on the news. Later today the Fed will announce their decision on whether to cut, raise or hold rates. If they do announce a cut, expect gold, silver and crypto to jump up again.

It was fun. We liked it. But almost nothing he said ever came to pass.

Almost nothing.

He shall be missed.

Roaring Kitty's predictions for GameStop are mostly unfulfilled​

• Keith Gill remains bullish on GameStop
  • GameStop raised $2.14 billion through share sales
June 13 (Reuters) - When Keith Gill appeared on a YouTube video in the summer of 2020 to discuss GameStop, he argued that the company's future was far rosier than the market expected. Nearly four years later, he remains bullish, even if most of his key predictions have gone unfulfilled.

The stock influencer, who uses the moniker Roaring Kitty, has again made an argument for GameStop after a long absence from social media, reviving the meme stock trend that GameStop's roller-coaster stock-market ride in 2021 helped to spark.

More:

Last edited by a moderator:
On Thursday, a number of Schwab users reported seeing inaccurate stock data on the platform. Schwab has sent out a notice to users warning about the issue, saying it’s currently working to resolve it.

In the notice, Schwab said the issue affects day-change values and account balances. The brokerage platform expects this data to be corrected overnight before Friday’s market open, but it also says that this inaccurate data may impact buying power.

Someone let Gilligan into the server room I guess...

Roaring Kitty's predictions for GameStop are mostly unfulfilled​

• Keith Gill remains bullish on GameStop
  • GameStop raised $2.14 billion through share sales
June 13 (Reuters) - When Keith Gill appeared on a YouTube video in the summer of 2020 to discuss GameStop, he argued that the company's future was far rosier than the market expected. Nearly four years later, he remains bullish, even if most of his key predictions have gone unfulfilled.

The stock influencer, who uses the moniker Roaring Kitty, has again made an argument for GameStop after a long absence from social media, reviving the meme stock trend that GameStop's roller-coaster stock-market ride in 2021 helped to spark.

More:

He has 9 million shares. Oops 9 million and 1 thousand shares. Over 2% of the float and about 1/4 of Ryan Cohen's position.

Anyone tracking poultry? When chicken prices go up what's a good ticker to cap on that?

American Farmer Breaks Down What’s Taking Place In Idaho

In addition to the water shutoff order on a half million acres of farmland impacting farmers and about 6,400 water users. The Government is targeting chicken farms and cattle across the US

“They are coming for this food system and they're coming for the homesteaders”

“Idaho was supposed to be like this big potato, conservative, you know, live that rule life kind of a place. But if you've been following the stuff that's been going on in Idaho lately, something's that the tides are changing in Idaho.

In the last couple of videos, we've been talking about how they've been calling the chickens because of the bird flu. And I want you guys to understand too that they're using the PCR test for that. And I want you to go do your homework on how reliable that test actually is.

Okay, You guys gotta start peeling open this onion:

On May 16th, May 16th, just a short while ago, news surfaced of an outbreak at Hendricks Poultry in Iona County. And the company announced 400 layoffs, and that's 6.5 million poultry likely will be killed to stop the spread in Ionia County alone. Nearly 91 million poultry in the US are affected.

With outbreaks in 48 states as of Friday, according to the Center of Disease Control, additionally 9 states including Michigan have reported outbreaks of the Avian Flu in cattle and with 49 herds across the US are impacted.

Okay, I have more here. Don't go anywhere now. I'm telling you guys, they are coming for this food system and they're coming for the homesteaders.

Please understand me when I'm telling you. The whole deal, they have to control all of the food or it's not gonna work. This is gonna be a kind of a slow fast process. Right, It's not gonna happen like overnight or anything, but they are moving towards that right now at record speed.

And they're gonna use this stuff to get you there through the fear and everything”

1718336029094.png

Anyone tracking poultry? When chicken prices go up what's a good ticker to cap on that? ...

Tyson Foods (TSN)?

~~~

Anyone else get the sense that the markets are somewhat lost right now? It's like money doesn't really know where to go.

Tyson Foods (TSN)?

~~~

Anyone else get the sense that the markets are somewhat lost right now? It's like money doesn't really know where to go.
I've had that 'feeling' for some time...

high tech isn't 'The Market' but here we are!

TSN could be a buy.... (what is it about Christmas that chicken sells?)
1718679341307.png

Tyson Foods (TSN)?

~~~

Seems to be the same stocks getting all the attention. Cost, NVDA, NFLX, META,MSFT and a few other semi's. NVDA up 36% in a month. Insane. I bought it when they announced the split figuring people would chase it up. they did, I got out and it just kept on going.
We have seen this story play out before in the internet bubble in the late 90's. We all know these prices are crazy but no way I would short in front of any of this. Eventually we will get a correction of significant magnitude. No way to know when.

The just-released U.S. retail sales report for May showed a gain of 0.1%, month-on-month, versus expectations for a rise of 0.2%. April sales were revised down from unchanged to -0.2%, month-on-month. Today’s weaker sales data falls into the camp of the U.S. monetary policy hawks, who want to see the Federal Reserve cut interest rates sooner rather than later. CNBC’s chief economics reporter Steve Liesman called today retail sales report very important as the data, including the April revisions, suggests U.S. economic growth is slowing and not accelerating.

Tell me this is 'normal'...

10,000 invested 5 weeks ago would be 14,580 today.
At some point last year I mentioned in here that you should just put it all in NVDA. Jokingly of course but one day I will look up that post and see what the price was on that day and how much we would have gained.

As for 10,000 invested in 1999. IPO was at 12 bucks and cumulative stock splits is 480x. High price of 136 and I get 54 million or so not 59 but close enough.

Had I not spend 91,250 on cigarettes since 1999 and invested it all in NVDA how much would I have today?

Silver in China is $33.30 on the SFE and $33.18 on the SGE. It would seem like this will pull spot back above $30 soon.

Silver back above $30. We'll see if the price in China goes up or down by their close (morning in USA)...

Between now and March of 2025. 63 billion is nothing. The fed can suck them up faster than Lewinsky can drain... well you know.
The fed balance sheet is down to 7 trillion. It was at 9. Whats the limit for the fed?

Silver back above $30. We'll see if the price in China goes up or down by their close (morning in USA)...

Silver popped up $1 in China from yesterday's close. I expect spot is going to climb to match (staying roughly 10% below China's prices).

$63 Billion seems like a lot but that's spread around the world and Bonds are priced in big chunks. Wonder what the average trading volume is for say a US 5 year treasury. I think it's more of a signal to the world that it's go time and time to dump the USD.

Back
Top Bottom