The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Peterson left the 'cancel culture' world when he said 'no way Jose' to the Canadian Marxists attempting to control language. Trump's moves made financial sense for the US and why wouldn't they? He knows money and business. He studies history as well. He applied tariffs appropriately - remember when Herbert Hoover tried it and he got blamed for the Depression? That's all everyone understood about tariffs, i.e., "They don't work.", but I think he was sabotaged as much as Trump was. Then they got FDR (their guy) in office (1933) whereupon, by design, he confiscated the people's gold as 'collateral' for the fake debt incurred in 1913. He also implemented SS and WWII.

Peterson is logical. When you consider that everything the woke culture touches turns to scheisse it only makes sense to reasoned people to embrace logic.

Chaos has yet to arrive.... :shudder:
A day late and a dollar short IMO...

Not many articles worth a read at Gold Eagle.

Over on the hedge this is a pretty well considered piece...

Last edited:
Over on the hedge this is pretty well considered...

No smoke filled rooms required anymore. It's all right in your face and what ya gonna do about it.

EUR energy crisis - Goldman Sachs warn on the "Deindustrialisation of Europe"

A note from Goldman Sachs on the European chemical sector from mid-week.
  • We... now expect a protracted period (>2 years) of lower production for European chemicals on the back of the region's energy crisis.
  • We see up to 40% of Europe's chemical industry (petrochemicals and basic inorganics) at risk of permanent rationalisation unless a sufficient economic assistance package is introduced, or natural gas prices fall to/below c.f70/MWh.
  • If chemical assets in Europe are forced to close, we would expect a sharp rise in import requirements to meet an inelastic global supply base and drive inflation over the mid-term.
But the implications of the energy crisis are much wider than one sector.
  • Including all materials-based industries currently curtailing output due to high energy prices (chemicals, glass, paper, steel, ceramics, cement etc) and the downstream "value add': we find €1.6tn sales, 5.1% European workforce (c.11mn jobs) and 7.9% of European IP exposed to deindustrialisation risks.

I'm hearing more industry guys talk about a loss of central bank credibility globally, when they collectively lose faith in the authorities gold takes off. This BoE intervention has them on edge.

The ASX Gold Tribe are @ a solid +4.76% today, with some closing luck we will stick a %5 on the books. Confidence returning?

Gold close under the old supports. Weak pm complex into the close today up but not by much. Could go either way but no hero.

gold (1).png

Interesting...

... off course BTC is his answer. I just cannot see how in a world of CBDC's crypto's aren't closed off as a avenue. I suspect that if too many use gold it will also come under fire!

Winter war... now that should be in the Russian's wheel house.

They better hope to skip that & go right to the continuation war. Not that they didn't take a good beating in that too, but at least Finland finally gave in.

Winter war... now that should be in the Russian's wheel house.

Ukraine will have a problem with the weather but so would Russia. I don't think Russia will try to do much they would get bogged down too. So just wait it out let Europe suffer and change their attitude.

What do you guys make of this:

screenshot_20220930-195901-2-png.274426

Back
Top Bottom