The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Totally agree. The BIG ONE won't have any fuel from the national reserves.

Fortunately, the military is all electric so we won't need dirty fuel.

This is why we have issues with bad censorship decisions on Twatter. They empowered a bunch of politically messed up children that barely seem to understand that eventually the company they work for actually needs to make a profit! Just look at the entitled little snots!

Military is hiring....

Today's gain on the HUI was the biggest since coming off the volatile 2020 crash lows.

Short covering for sure... reversal of sentiment? Maybe.

This might be of interest to you US locals...

One of these days holding onto that stuff is gonna pay off
Actually... that will be a bad day. It will obviously mean the wheels have finally come off the gravy train and it screeched to a crashing, tumbling halt.

But you are right.

GDX also had an island reversal. Big moves in some major gold miners. What do you guys think of the "kinda" bidding war breaking out for Yamana. Goldfields had offered like $6.7 Bil and about to close the deal but AEM and PAAS came in with a "superior" $4.8 Bil dollar deal that includes some cash.

There was a time when the press would have had a POTUS on toast for these contradictions... aside from Trump that is, he lived on the toast.

Well we didn't get much follow through today on gold and silver but we also didn't get a down day to give back hardly any gains from Friday. So I guess I will take that performance.

The no follow-through rule was enforced today! Gold stocks finished in the green that was good sign.

This is step one... prices high, inventory glut, wholesale drops off fast...

Silver looking like the lead, needs $21+ badly!

View attachment 2450
Thats what I see as well. Needs to get above 21. Then use 21 as support. Silvercrest ran up yesterday and did not pull back like a lot of other miners I have. I'll decide today to take profits or hold. I think we need some news or some catalyst to get over that 21 level and hold though. If not, it's back to the 18's

Yep, Looks like they tried pushing it down in the middle of the night or over there in Oz but it's popping back again. Putting more air in this Silver balloon. Let's see if they can keep pushing it down under water.

The Line is being built!
I watched 2 minutes of the video. Really hard to tell what they are doing from the short snippets. Maybe they are just conducting a mining operation. Who knows. Maybe the Saudis want to one up the Burj Dubai. Hard to imagine the computer models ever becoming a reality.

Hell of a push this morning. All of a sudden my whole watchlist went green. Now we just need to hold that 21 level. Wouldn't mind some consolidation here or at a little higher level.

I watched 2 minutes of the video. Really hard to tell what they are doing from the short snippets. Maybe they are just conducting a mining operation. Who knows. Maybe the Saudis want to one up the Burj Dubai. Hard to imagine the computer models ever becoming a reality.
Yea th estimates they give dont sound realistic either. Nor the timeframe. 7 years to completion and they just breaking ground? Maybe if they import 5 million chinamen to do the work. Who the hell would want to do construction in the desert though?

... Who the hell would want to do construction in the desert though? ...

[csb]I did some consulting work in Doha, Qatar once. My last day there, my flight home had a departure time of 6pm. I woke up in the morning and had nothing to do. I had worked every day I was there, so I had not had any opportunity for sight-seeing. I didn't have a rental car for that day (turned it in the day before), so I decided to walk around the city a bit. It was 10am and I set out on foot. Doha was littered with cranes. You could literally see 2-3 cranes on every street. Construction happening everywhere. Most of the work was being done by Pakistanis who were essentially a captured labor force (conditions were bad as the immigrant labor often had their passports confiscated by their employers). Anyway, these people were out there working in the sun. At 10am, the sun was high and shade was hard to come by. I had to cross streets to walk in the shade. Saw some cool shops and marveled at the walls of textiles clothing shops had (they measure you and custom tailor the local clothing with fabrics you pick - you don't buy items off a rack over there). After 15 minutes though, I was sweating heavily and realized I needed to head back to the hotel. I got back around 10:30am, headed up to my room, took a shower and cooled off. I think I had a minor heat stroke - somewhat lightheaded/dizzy. I weighed myself on the bathroom scale and was shocked that I had apparently lost 2lbs of water weight from that half hour walk. The dry heat over there is no joke and I have no idea how those construction workers survive working in that sun.[/csb]

I'm no expert on cryptos, but I think the crypto market is getting yo-yoed because of events related to Binance and FTT/FTX right now.

Like every single trading platform is a ponzi scheme. Does not speak well of the market. And obviously no one is actually using their crypto's because they'd actually have them if they were.

After all FTX was supposed to be bailing everyone else out, specifically Voyager. I wouldn't trust a one right now.

The whole project looks like pure madness and it actually looks like they're starting to do it! I don't think that I could think of a worse way to build a city!

Surely a circle would give you better economies in almost every regard save for maybe area for solar panels. I dunno but it just seems like a pose project.

Last edited:
[csb]I did some consulting work in Doha, Qatar once. My last day there, my flight home had a departure time of 6pm. I woke up in the morning and had nothing to do. I had worked every day I was there, so I had not had any opportunity for sight-seeing. I didn't have a rental car for that day (turned it in the day before), so I decided to walk around the city a bit. It was 10am and I set out on foot. Doha was littered with cranes. You could literally see 2-3 cranes on every street. Construction happening everywhere. Most of the work was being done by Pakistanis who were essentially a captured labor force (conditions were bad as the immigrant labor often had their passports confiscated by their employers). Anyway, these people were out there working in the sun. At 10am, the sun was high and shade was hard to come by. I had to cross streets to walk in the shade. Saw some cool shops and marveled at the walls of textiles clothing shops had (they measure you and custom tailor the local clothing with fabrics you pick - you don't buy items off a rack over there). After 15 minutes though, I was sweating heavily and realized I needed to head back to the hotel. I got back around 10:30am, headed up to my room, took a shower and cooled off. I think I had a minor heat stroke - somewhat lightheaded/dizzy. I weighed myself on the bathroom scale and was shocked that I had apparently lost 2lbs of water weight from that half hour walk. The dry heat over there is no joke and I have no idea how those construction workers survive working in that sun.[/csb]

If I had Saudi wealth I think I would simply buy another country somewhere nice!

Hell of a push this morning. All of a sudden my whole watchlist went green. Now we just need to hold that 21 level. Wouldn't mind some consolidation here or at a little higher level.

In theory it should be green into December delivery! On the surface of it silver is looking very tight!

BTC still in it's bottoming range... I half expected a breakdown when I pulled up the chart.

BTCUSD_2022-11-09_08-11-26.png

AUD Gold finds the gas pedal pretty well on que. Target looks like 2730 Aussie pesos!

XAUAUD_2022-11-09_08-19-04.png

Back
Top Bottom