The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Got the 75 basis point raise and some dovish language. We are heading into hyper-inflation. Hurray.
I listened to Powell, and I didn’t hear dovish, actually the opposite. So I bought SPXS and the market is dumping. I’m up 4.5 % on the trade but I sold before the close. This market has a way of jerking you out of a winning position overnight.

I listened to Powell, and I didn’t hear dovish, actually text opposite. So I bought SPXS and the market is dumping. Up 4.5 % on the trade but I’m out before the close. This market has a way of jerking you out of a winning position overnight.

Certainly the first move is usually wrong. The up move was because they added a paragraph about a "lag effect" suggesting they were going to slow. But he comes out and talks 30 mins after they release that statement and he sounded more hawkish not offering a when to stop hiking. It warms my heart to see Commie stocks GOOG, AMZN, and META just get wrecked. I'd hold some of that trade to tomorrow or Monday.

1667418965399.png
1667418986542.png

I listened to Powell, and I didn’t hear dovish, actually the opposite. So I bought SPXS and the market is dumping. I’m up 4.5 % on the trade but I sold before the close. This market has a way of jerking you out of a winning position overnight.
Congratulations! *NICE TRADE!!*

The market was discounting rates @ middle 4's.

Powell: Ultimate rate level higher than previously expected.

= Market surprise that was not being discounted.

Now we look for the right stock floor at the next market aggregate guess for rates ---> 5.5% ?

I bought qqq puts. Was very nice insurance for the rest of my account. I also closed out before end of day.

If you didn't know... I had a Scottrade account... new email that came today

From Scottrade to

Your move from TD Ameritrade to Schwab.​

Dear TD Ameritrade clients,​
When Charles Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade in 2019, our aim was to create something special for clients of both firms—best-in-class strength and stability, a wider array of products and services available, industry-leading low costs, and a larger team of professionals with a shared passion for helping clients achieve their goals.​

The big fish eating the little fish.... or hiding the collapse?

If you didn't know... I had a Scottrade account... new email that came today

From Scottrade to

Your move from TD Ameritrade to Schwab.​

Dear TD Ameritrade clients,​
When Charles Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade in 2019, our aim was to create something special for clients of both firms—best-in-class strength and stability, a wider array of products and services available, industry-leading low costs, and a larger team of professionals with a shared passion for helping clients achieve their goals.​

The big fish eating the little fish.... or hiding the collapse?

Etrade was bought by.... Morgan Stanley about the same time. I think the Hood created problems because they all started to go commission free about that time with the payment for order flows.

I'm a smooth-brain Ape myself. Diamond hands. In other words anytime is a good time to buy. There is no other option.
Thought about it while showering. I do kind of like it at this price but… diesel is the biggest input. The diesel market needs to stabilize. I need to see more than a twenty day supply before I pull the trigger.

Down to 6962 contracts worth of silver in registered. OI sits @ ~105K for December and we have exceeded 6962 at least twice in the last year.

Christmas gift giving?

I hear that within the 'financial class' private buying of precious metals is significantly up. I can't swear that is true but the data is supposed to come from a London dealers book.

I'm noticing that a number of the people I listen too outside the 'bug world' are taking note of gold.

I dunno... but December looks like a decision point.

Looking a lot like late 2018 on the COT front.

1667528432045.png

Back
Top Bottom