The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

We are clueless about the real history of this place.

He has a 1 hr video of the work being done on the vase. It was pretty good. Those stone vases and stuff have always been the smoking gun for me on a past civilization. I find the subject fascinating but at the same time it's really a non issue. If they came out tomorrow and said yea we found a civilization that was more advanced than we are now and they were around 100,000 years ago, it's not going to change much.
The only way they will find stuff is to go into the hall of records under the Paw of the sphinx or dig deeper in Egypt. Not sure why the Egyptians are so hell bent on claiming the past as their own. No harm in admitting there were civilizations there before them and they really want to uncover the truth about them. You would have a huge amount of archeologists out there overnight bringing in a gazillion dollars to dig. Economy would boom over there.
My guess is they already discovered some amazing things and want to keep it all secret for some reason.

The only way they will find stuff is to go into the hall of records under the Paw of the sphinx or dig deeper in Egypt.

There is supposed to be stuff under that whole sand strip across the top of Africa. Miners looking for metals etc using that ground penetrating radar type of tech (whatever that is) have reported things that look to be city remnants across the area. Mostly unexplored from what I read.

+ All the talk and supposed evidence that Atlantis was real and advanced.

I dunno?!

I'd not discount anything really, it's been a long time!

2c

My guess is they already discovered some amazing things and want to keep it all secret for some reason.

He says that we have only just come to realize what we are looking at in the last few decades. Talks about a drill core sample that we found back when we couldn't drill rock like that. Well we still can't if the evidence is to be believed.

They have radar or lira or whatever they call it, showing that there are actually 80 pyramids under the sand. Strange that they haven't excavated all of them. Also miles of tunnels under the sand. So much to discover still.

That drill core is interesting in that for every rotation of the cutter it goes deeper into the rock. So the cut is like a spiral. Hard to imagine anything being able to make such a cut in granite. Whatever it was, it wasn't a high speed tool though. That would just buff out the spiral and make everything smooth.

I like Ben, I think he is picking up where John Anthony West left off. At the same time I still think he and Graham jump to too many conclusions. Always assuming an advanced civilization with capabilities that exceed our own. Just because we haven't figured out how they did things doesn't mean we can't. The answer may be a very advanced civilization or it may be something very simple.

Some of the cathedrals in Europe took 200 years to build. The construction is pretty amazing too. No electricity used to do it though and it was all basically human powered. We haven't found any steel tools from back then but doesn't mean they didn't exist. Go to any junkyard and anything left out in the weather will be rusted away in 100 years or so.

5000 years from now the future generations will be wondering how they made Mount Rushmore and the great cathedrals without any steel tools as well. :).

There is supposed to be stuff under that whole sand strip across the top of Africa. Miners looking for metals etc using that ground penetrating radar type of tech (whatever that is) have reported things that look to be city remnants across the area. Mostly unexplored from what I read.

+ All the talk and supposed evidence that Atlantis was real and advanced.

I dunno?!

I'd not discount anything really, it's been a long time!

2c
I get the sense that N Africa used to be lush and green like Brazil.

Was it the first apocalypse of humanity that wiped it dry?

Destroyed the world for an eternity and now we're just getting back to where we were when we did it the first time?

I keep wrestling with the silver/gold markets.....Silver is looking poised and ready for a breakout, perhaps violently. However, gold is looking overbought and extended on this multi-month run higher. Just a few months ago we were at 1610. Gold is looking close to the end of its move on this wave.

So that makes me wonder, can silver really bust a move higher when gold is topping out? I just love the looks of silver right now, but afraid to buy because of everything else.

Was it the first apocalypse of humanity that wiped it dry?

Destroyed the world for an eternity and now we're just getting back to where we were when we did it the first time?
A few years ago they realized the Sahara goes between green and sand every 13k years or so. Something to do with the earths wobble. I'm sure it's also something that is not factored into the climate models.

I keep wrestling with the silver/gold markets.....Silver is looking poised and ready for a breakout, perhaps violently. However, gold is looking overbought and extended on this multi-month run higher. Just a few months ago we were at 1610. Gold is looking close to the end of its move on this wave.

So that makes me wonder, can silver really bust a move higher when gold is topping out? I just love the looks of silver right now, but afraid to buy because of everything else.
I agree, and feel like it is times like these, when there are contrary signs and indecision, that the market makes moves that surprise. $64K question is which way it goes. My heart says up, my head says down.

I'll have to write a poem one day... 'Lament of the permabull'

Yes, they think that the climate changes is a very short period of time, 50 years was mentioned. God knows what that means for the rest of the planet.

I agree, and feel like it is times like these, when there are contrary signs and indecision, that the market makes moves that surprise. $64K question is which way it goes. My heart says up, my head says down.

I'll have to write a poem one day... 'Lament of the permabull'

PTSD confusion. ;)

Looks like a bit of battle in silver, should be a solid break if it goes north.

This weeks FOMC might be a hurdle... we C.

USD Gold Daily - Looks like a correction is still quite possible. ROC normally dips below 0 on corrections. Sideways into 1905 ish on a stronger USD or a sharp plunge into the high 18's on the FOMC meeting?

GC1!_2023-01-31_09-07-54.png

SPX Daily - ROC been diverging for a few days. Not looking like this will follow through. I'm thinking down.

SPX_2023-01-31_09-15-19.png

NasDaq Daily - ROC also looking toppy here. Probably a false trend break. Too much hope out there.

NDX_2023-01-31_09-17-21.png

10 Year Yield Daily - Looks ready to launch upward IMO. Check the ROC, there is a fish on that line.

US10Y_2023-01-31_09-20-12.png

NatGas Daily - I'm thinking the blood letting will come to an end from here to the $2.46 level. ROC has been divergent and this looks like capitulation to me. I've been wrong before, be careful out there in the trenches!

NG1!_2023-01-31_09-41-06.png

NatGas Daily - I'm thinking the blood letting will come to an end from here to the $2.46 level. ROC has been divergent and this looks like capitulation to me. I've been wrong before, be careful out there in the trenches!

View attachment 6504

Agreed, I've sold a couple Put spreads dipping my toe into the water. Think I have the $10-$8 spread and $8.5-6.5 spread on UNG. Energy is energy and we need every form we can get. Except for nat gas all the sudden, lol. Somehow cheaper than when oil went negative. I had to go look up actual energy contents and looks like 1 BOE (barrel of oil equvalent) is ~5.55 mmBtu (common nat gas measurement). That's about 18% and we shouldn't really go below that level. Edit: It looks like 18% is low and I forgot you would need a bunch more energy to refine the oil so that probably accounts for the higher natural levels.

1675128819740.png

Last edited:
Did they ever figure out or report what that glitch was the other day? Looks like something went wonky again this evening at 1700 or 5pm EST in the after-hours. Looks like MSFT, NVDA, TSLA, AAPL, and BABA all had a spike up at that time. QQQ also had a small spike but I don't see it on the NQ. Maybe someone reported earnings or something.

QQQ sitting right at the uptrend line. If this doesn't support I'd be surprised. May try some ITM calls in the morning.
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.37.38 AM.png

The employment cost index, a barometer the Federal Reserve watches closely for inflation signs, increased 1% in the October-to-December period, the Labor Department reported Tuesday. That was a bit below the 1.1% Dow Jones estimate and less the 1.2% reading in the third quarter. It also was the lowest quarterly gain in a year.
Fed officials consider the ECI an important inflation gauge because it adjusts for occupations that are in higher demand and for outsized wage gains in particular industries, such as those that were most affected by the pandemic.

The Q4 reading comes the same day the interest rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee begins its two-day policy meeting. Markets have assigned a near-certainty to the FOMC approving a 0.25 percentage point rate hike before it adjourns Wednesday.

But the greater focus will be on what officials signal about the future of monetary policy.

Markets are anticipating one more quarter-point hike in March, followed by a pause and then one or two cuts before the end of the year. Fed officials have pushed back on the notion of any policy easing in 2023, though they could change their minds if inflation readings continue to abate.

"The Fed is still likely to keep raising interest rates at the next couple of meetings, but we expect a further slowdown in wage growth over the coming months to convince officials to pause the tightening cycle after the March meeting," wrote Andrew Hunter, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics.

Back
Top Bottom