The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

So, about that 517k number...

Looks like "risk on" is finally back

Lets let the squeeze play out before we make that call. Background numbers are dreadful + think about that jobs number for a second... it gives Powell cover to keep on keeping on --> See mom, nothing bad is happening, I dunno what those stonks boyz waz biatchen bout!

SPX Weekly - This might have been about it for this move. Pulling back from the bottom of a resistance zone

Looking at the indicators...

Short term momentum is below longer term, rate of change has fallen back toward 0 and the stochastics are peaking over 80.

I dunno but this move is looking a little cooked to me.

So a lost weather balloon justifies this...

... yeah, not about balloons!

Looking back 10 years this is a 10 year low at least. I didn't bother going back any further. I know this winter has been mild but damn, that seems oversold to me too. I've been looking for a bottom but every time I think it won't go lower, it does. LOL.

Decent volume here. Maybe worth a punt here.

View attachment 6589

UNG behind the NG Futures - What is that divergence? Fund decay (management fees etc) or is this some sort of ESG reluctance to trade these things. Anyway, it appears to be a less reliable chart than the futures.

Anyway, this looks like the zone you'd expect buying (covering) to come into play. Could be a couple of short sharp rallies then a bit of sideways drudge as she works out a bottom. I dunno but a V is the least likely outcome in a wider time frame. Be nimble!

Looks like that chart is worth a punt too. Lot of trading in this general area.

I don't trade futures anymore. It's way to easy to lose your money in that arena. UNG is the elf that is supposed to track the futures. As with most ETF's I find that the tracking isn't perfect. I only traded it once last year. Bought some calls, made 10% and got out a day or 2 later. Not long after that it started to head south and hasn't stopped. Turns out some puts on that bad boy would have been tremendous. Hindsight and all.. LOL.

ASX Gold Tribe all negative this AM save for the flag ship stock NST, it's up... make of that what you will.

Wake up sleepy heads.

Ouch, it's been a bad run for the Turks. ...
Double ouch:

saw a video on Telegram... whole buildings crumbling to dust.

I don't think they built them earthquake proof back in the day....

more posted here:

Last edited:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…