The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

For entertainment purposes. I can't imagine what the index will eventually decline against.

FoTnVryXEAQ8wBd.jpg

Wall Street Apes@WallStreetApes

How desperate do you need to be to BORROW 100,000 #AMC shares at a price of 385.2% borrow fee?

These criminals don’t care about burning through money because it’s not their money, they’re burning through your retirements. They’re trapped in bad bets trying to short AMC into bankruptcy for profit. If they had succeeded they wouldn’t have to cover their short or naked short positions. Now thanks to the APES they have to pay any price to try and stay in the game. @SpeakerMcCarthy any comment?

9e914ca7c6966b8d.jpg

more

I can't imagine what the index will eventually decline against.

That is the issue... DXY is 60% Euro an the EUD is a bigger big of crap than yours + US prospects are better.

It's almost like they knew this would screw over the competition harder than it would the USA.

JMO -> Race to the bottom with no clear winner. AKA the rest of the world will not let you devalue that much, they will out print you to compete.

Competitive currency devaluation.

Gold should win.

I could be wrong.

Wall Street Apes@WallStreetApes

How desperate do you need to be to BORROW 100,000 #AMC shares at a price of 385.2% borrow fee?

These criminals don’t care about burning through money because it’s not their money, they’re burning through your retirements. They’re trapped in bad bets trying to short AMC into bankruptcy for profit. If they had succeeded they wouldn’t have to cover their short or naked short positions. Now thanks to the APES they have to pay any price to try and stay in the game. @SpeakerMcCarthy any comment?

View attachment 6665

more

That's a fuck off, don't short this stock borrow price.

JMO.

JPow on tap for a speech today. Meanwhile...

Minneapolis Federal Reserve President Neel Kashkari said Tuesday that explosive jobs growth in January is evidence that the central bank has more work to do when it comes to taming inflation.

That means continuing to hike interest rates, as he sees a likelihood that the Fed's benchmark borrowing rate should rise to 5.4% from its current target range of 4.5%-4.75%.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Tuesday that inflation is beginning to ease, though he expects it to be a long process and cautioned that interest rates could rise more than markets expect if the economic data doesn't cooperate.

"The disinflationary process, the process of getting inflation down, has begun and it's begun in the goods sector, which is about a quarter of our economy," the central bank chief said during an event in Washington, D.C. "But it has a long way to go. These are the very early stages."
Markets briefly turned positive as Powell spoke as investors are hoping the Fed soon will halt the aggressive interest rate hikes it began last year. However, the major averages later flipped back negative after Powell cautioned about strong economic data like last week's jobs report for January.

Asked whether it would have influenced the Fed's rate call if it had the jobs report before the policy meeting, Powell said, "We don't get to play it that way unfortunately."

However, he said if the data shows that inflation is running hotter than the Fed expects, that will mean higher rates.

"The reality is we're going to react to the data," he said. "So if we continue to get, for example, strong labor market reports or higher inflation reports, it may well be the case that we have do more and raise rates more than is priced in."

For entertainment purposes. I can't imagine what the index will eventually decline against.

View attachment 6659
Hey Lancers, I'm not quite getting the lettering of this chart. Is it classic Elliot Wave or something different? I threw my own chicken-scratch on there using classic EW rules and had a slightly different outcome.
What stuck out is the low of Wave 4, was the same level as wave 1 . . which was @90.
Kinda odd. As if it were manipulated or sum...
This also affects Wave A and C levels. which suggests the correction won't be as deep as classic Fib levels.

What I'm saying is I don't have a fucking idea, and we should know by 2034.
These are not free markets and they won't comply with traditional charting. See below.
USDX.jpg

The USD falls when things are going well and rises when the poo is getting deeper. e.g. 2008.

Raoul is bullish...

KWN/Macleod telling Alf Field to hold their beer.

tenor.gif

JPow talks mildliy dovish. Other Fed members talk mildly hawkish. Seems like the Fed is trying to "good banker, bad banker" the market.

The president of the New York Federal Reserve said the central bank needs to maintain “restrictive” interest rates for a few years to make sure high inflation is restored to low pre-pandemic levels.

John Williams said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that the Fed has a lot more work to do to bring inflation down and restore what economists call price stability.
Williams, a key ally of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, said the Fed’s current forecast of a peak short-term rate of 5% to 5.25% was still a good goal.

Complete arrogant baloney. Banks can no more shut down Crypto then they could shut down Russia. Not that they won't try.

If they shut down the on ramps it will be mostly useless. When the cbdc arrives they will do just that. While crypto may still exist it won't be very useful, in fact they will probably criminalize it's use.

If they shut down the on ramps it will be mostly useless. When the cbdc arrives they will do just that. While crypto may still exist it won't be very useful, in fact they will probably criminalize it's use.

So, What do you think they use for the Dark Web now? The average American commits 3 felonies a day, and that was 20 years ago. What's another one.

They will try and do the same thing for gold. How do you think that is going to work?

Hey Lancers, I'm not quite getting the lettering of this chart. Is it classic Elliot Wave or something different? I threw my own chicken-scratch on there using classic EW rules and had a slightly different outcome.
What stuck out is the low of Wave 4, was the same level as wave 1 . . which was @90.
Kinda odd. As if it were manipulated or sum...
This also affects Wave A and C levels. which suggests the correction won't be as deep as classic Fib levels.

What I'm saying is I don't have a fucking idea, and we should know by 2034.
These are not free markets and they won't comply with traditional charting. See below.
View attachment 6678
I don't do EW even the guy who wrote the book about the guy who wrote the book screwed the pooch so hard I swore it off completely. I only posted the chart to show the last 20 years of price. Since it is a basket of all kinds of diluted crap it can't go to 0.

I don't trust this crypto business but I am an old man so while the paper is nothing at least I can pay for necessities with it at stores and online. Can't really do that with crypto now can you imagine being able to use it after CBDC is introduced? You'd be lucky to be able to use Gold and Silver for anything this other crap no thanks.

Look at this mess WXY where's the Z? Oh that's right can't use that letter anymore.

FoeMLBpXsAITi9_.jpg

Most Treasurys sold off Thursday afternoon following a weak 30-year bond auction, sending their yields higher on the day in a reversal of course from earlier in the session.
Meanwhile, the Treasury curve, as measured by the spread between 2- and 10-year Treasury yields, headed for its most negative reading since October 1981, when interest rates were 19% under Paul Volcker’s Federal Reserve. The spread was around minus 85 basis points on Thursday afternoon in a pessimistic sign about the economic outlook.

I don't do EW even the guy who wrote the book about the guy who wrote the book screwed the pooch so hard I swore it off completely. I only posted the chart to show the last 20 years of price. Since it is a basket of all kinds of diluted crap it can't go to 0.

I think that the market is fractal as Elliot observed BUT seeing that and quantifying it in real time is a movable feast. 20/20 hindsight is great with EW, but real time... never seen anyone be that good at it.

Back
Top Bottom