GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jim Willie had an interesting view years ago on the U.S Dollar, he said it may go up and up some day and then disappear. I think there is a point gold moves up against all fiat currencies including the U.S dollar, you may be seeing it now first in the physical market. Does the U.S $ disapear? Or does it get replaced by a FED Crypto currency. Not sure

Jim Willie had an interesting view years ago on the U.S Dollar, he said it may go up and up some day and then disappear. I think there is a point gold moves up against all fiat currencies including the U.S dollar, you may be seeing it now first in the physical market. Does the U.S $ disapear? Or does it get replaced by a FED Crypto currency. Not sure

I've held this view for a while, strong $ + strong gold and we are in the real deal gold market end game, we may be close to that point... frankly it's just perfect for anyone outside of the USA. Normally I have a strong AUD taking the edge of gold upside, when there is real distress in the system and gold is discounting it I except to see a weak AUD and strong gold.

There it is.

The USD "worth" is measured against the other fiats going around. So as the fiats all over the world become weaker, the USD gets "stronger".

The completion to that above paragraph is this analogy: The ocean is the value of gold in reality <-- Just that. The dollar is the rear deck of the Titanic.

As the other fiats sink to oblivion (when measured against reality/ocean/gold), the USD actually rises higher and higher as the Titanic's nose points more and more straight down.

But to anyone who thinks this continued rise is going to continue... they haven't seen the movie. It will happen considerably faster than the front of the Ship of Fiat's slow, then faster descent.

This ain't rocket surgery, chillun. I can only hope that if sumbody who goes around touting dollars/vs gold for "price"/value can now finally conceive how the dollar can rise as it gets closer and closer to total destruction and obliteration.

Use the Titanic analogy to understand. And buy some fargin gold with your pengoe/bolivar/USD/Francy/Peso while you still can. Consider it as getting into one of the few lifeboats...

I have yet to find my way around this loverly place.

I'm up to my ears in editing a novel... I've been working since 3AM, and just now took a break to come on over here and see if any of us mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging yahoos have dunked a turd in this fine punchbowl yet.

Back to the fargin Titanic and the amount of water taken on board as the stern rises:

"Treasury debt outstanding has climbed by $7 trillion since the end of 2019."

That's water inside the hull, Pilgrims. Coming in faster all the time... and some folks are still buying deck space on the (rising and therefore "safe") stern for their chairs.

Hola there Unca , good to see yas this morning

i am looking forward to your next novel!

all the Best!
This one is gonna be better'n mine. The author is meticulous in historical detail -- even more than the detail in The Cadet. I have learned so fargin much about WWII and that !!#&%! MacArthur that I never had a dream of knowing.

The fun part is, he has incorporated a lotsa my story ideas into his work, such as my idea to reprise the huge "safe haven" naval station upsets at Scapa Flow in Britain, and Pearl Harbor in Hawaii with one for Japan.

I suggested a means for a US sumbarine to raid Kure Naval Base where the Yamato and Haruna were "safely" based. <-- He not only used two subs and a better method of egress, but he used subs that were acually in the Pacific at that time, commanded by the actual dudes who ran them.

HAH! I can see that I will drop a few points in the writing skills rating with you guys... This software puts a 15-minute limit on changes to your posts.

So whut? Well, I am forever going over my posts later on and noticing typos or punctuation errors and whatnot... and correcting them.

It is just mosquito biting me to see something like the very last line of my post above: acually

If I be gonna hammer up the langridge, I wanna do it a-purpose.

... This software puts a 15-minute limit on changes to your posts. ...
I've adjusted the editing windows as follows:

'active' users group: 1 hour from initial post
'supporters' users group [month(ly) upgrade]: 24 hours
'benefactor' users group [year(ly) upgrade]: 48 hours

We're going to make spelling great again.

I dunno where the gentle-crazy stuff goes, so considering my short attention span, I think I will put a funny typo thing here that happened to Your Humble Obdn't &tc when I was writing a novel.

I touch-type, usually in low light, and previously around Fuzzy Britches laying on my lap. I type at a slow speech rate, which is a fast typing rate.

[John Wayne ON] Waal, Pilgrims, Ah'll tellya, unh-huh {pause for no discernable reason} There I was just a-typin' about two guys about to draw in the middle of the street and one of them yells at the other, "Hey! Your shoe's untied!" and *# [/john Wayne OFF]

That's enough, Duke. The real incident happened as I was touch-typing around Fuzzy inna dark, and I had just started to type the word "agurgling". I stopped after four letters, realizing it sounded sorta Gilbert & Sullivan.

Then I looked at the screen and saw that in the dark, I had shifted my hands one key over to the right on the home row.

I had just spelled "shit".

Last edited:
For those that never got the account activation email, be sure to read through this thread (especially post #2):

And if you want the GIM2 Refugee green badge

GIM2b.jpg

but haven't yet run across the post about it, see Post #226 here:

Click on your name in the top upper right, then click on "Account details" and scroll down to "Occupation" and fill in Exactly as stated in post 226.

GIM2 Refugee​

GIM2c.jpg

Then hit
GIM2d.jpg

Last edited:
I just batch validated about 12 peeps that registered in the last few days and were still waiting to validate their accounts (likely never got the email).
My account activation email landed in the 'junk' folder but I sorta looked for that. Thank you pmbug, for the welcome mat :)

There should be a special banner or prize for member #500 whenever that day comes.

Last edited:
Has Eric The Cat made it over? We NEED a professional astronomer...

He told me he thinks his neighbor is stalking him. He saw her googling his name on her computer. He saw her through his telescope last night.

Has @Boo showed? How do we find out who is on/not on the roster?

Back
Top Bottom