The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm calling a Bull Trap and we head down hard one last time.

This is the same chart but with the trendline drawn more strictly (daily closes). It only gives us 2 points of contact, strictly you need 3. The 50 DMA stopped it before, struggling to conquer that level now. Maybe this just defines the third point. Get @Lancers32 on the job, he is a sloping line expert! 😇

SPX_2023-01-25_09-10-01.png

Yeah, I think they are navel gazing... looks to have been a wider problem.

moments ago the New Jersey-based stock exchange gave some additional detail, noting that a "system issue" - it is still unclear just what that was - resulted in continuous trading of certain securities commencing at 9:30am ET without an opening auction print. As a result, a number of Core Trading Session trades occurred prior to the receipt of Limit Up Limit Down bands; these trades are eligible under to be reviewed as clearly erroneous.

I'd say that the order trail will look different tomorrow.

$64 question is ---> Who was fucking with what to trip this off... and WHY?

These systems should be highly stable given the daily pounding they get. Was someone @ the exchange trying to skew the open auctions more +ve and did they screw up? A very long bow to draw, I know, but still you need a very solid reason for this sort of screw up. This is not normal.

Last edited:
This is the same chart but with the trendline drawn more strictly (daily closes). It only gives us 2 points of contact, strictly you need 3. The 50 DMA stopped it before, struggling to conquer that level now. Maybe this just defines the third point. Get @Lancers32 on the job, he is a sloping line expert! 😇

View attachment 6253

Saw this tweet and it does look awfully familiar.

GDX just made a strong move into resistance. So do we correct here or do we smash through? Tamarra we will see.

Gold hits resistance 1964 to 85. Correction to trend from there would be ~1905-20 ish.
Option Expiry Tamara... That and the fact that gold has been up all week make me think we correct. We c...

Last edited:
Stop with the negativity, I bought a gold miner today and now you all want me to lose money? For once I bought something (BTG) and it went up and now you guys want to crush my hopes and dreams. :(. 😁

One Giant Financial STD and Everybody is Infected – Bill Holter​

There is a lot more in the 48-minute interview.
Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with financial writer and precious metals expert Bill Holter for 1.24.23.

Stop with the negativity, I bought a gold miner today and now you all want me to lose money? For once I bought something (BTG) and it went up and now you guys want to crush my hopes and dreams. :(. 😁

Didn't your wife tell you, timing is everything!

With all these "gold is going to explode to the upside" articles, I think now is a good time to take a step back, look at the big picture, and re-think everything.

With all these "gold is going to explode to the upside" articles, I think now is a good time to take a step back, look at the big picture, and re-think everything.
It's not as if the economy is tanking like Ukraine is it?

I've heard these 'gold is going to explode' stories for decades!

This guy is in full control...

wizard-of-oz_curtain.jpg

Intel reported absolutely horrific results after the bell. They only made 0.10 per share this quarter and are project like a $0.15 per share LOSS for this quarter / Q1. They are propping this up as much as freaking possible but it's getting really heavy.

SPX Daily - Proper trend break, just, but the diverging rate of change is flashing a warning. Correction due? Golden cross or golden retreat? Roll right up folks and place your bets!

SPX_2023-01-27_14-09-34.png

AUD Gold Daily - Suggesting that a bounce in real terms is due. So far recent action has been USD driven.

XAUAUD_2023-01-27_14-14-40.png

10 year yield Daily -> Still looking like it is in the process of putting in a bottom.

US10Y_2023-01-27_14-16-35.png

Back
Top Bottom