The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Silvergate blowing up..

Interesting, it is down 30% after hours. I'm pretty surprised after all the Dirty Billionaires recently pouring money into the thing. Guys like Ken Griffin (meme stock enemy #1), Soros, etc.

Just going to guess that this is part of the FTX/global money laundering scam that has been imploding.

Gotta love this -> Citadel purchased a more than 5% stake in a stock

ok I take that back. I probably should have warned everyone, I sold my puts on Tuesday. 🤣 Probably time to start a subscription service. I announce all my trades and everyone does the opposite and gets rich.
On that other forum, I’ve been announcing when I buy gold or silver, so people know when to sell.

20 Year Yield Daily - Broken out of range and looking to set a higher high. Resuming the up trend?

US20Y_2023-03-03_10-24-49.png

I think this is part of the CB plan. Destroy capital and you destroy demand, investment, and job creation. Powell has been pretty clear, there will be pain. He wants lower stock markets, lower housing prices, and higher unemployment. In his mind all of that will lead to capital scarcity and destroy demand. Not arguing he is right or wrong, just stating that that is what he is looking for. After a year of his tightening policies he isn't getting what he wants. NQ is down 25% and housing is starting to come down but the recent numbers in housing and unemployment are working against him. Thats why he also says he may have to raise rates higher and for longer than he anticipates.

I think this is part of the CB plan. Destroy capital and you destroy demand, investment, and job creation. Powell has been pretty clear, there will be pain. He wants lower stock markets, lower housing prices, and higher unemployment. In his mind all of that will lead to capital scarcity and destroy demand. Not arguing he is right or wrong, just stating that that is what he is looking for. After a year of his tightening policies he isn't getting what he wants. NQ is down 25% and housing is starting to come down but the recent numbers in housing and unemployment are working against him. Thats why he also says he may have to raise rates higher and for longer than he anticipates.
I don’t think Powell has any respect for the Lagging Factor. The repercussions of what he’s already done will be increasingly felt until 2025.
If he continues to raise interest rates until a retracement back to 2% inflation, the global economy will be decimated.
And I’m actually OK with that.

This kind of fits in with the theory (conspiracy?) they want to reduce the population of the world. Killing demand, killing off the population all have the same effect.

They're wiping out the dollar (because it's past its 'use by' date) so they can introduce digital controls on the rest of the world. They tried WWIII in Ukraine but that's failing miserably. 'War' is their 'go to' for reorganizing the financial geography of the world.

Stacy Abrams is in Nigeria 'monitoring' their elections. Neuland is there as well - not sure why. A sign of the Deep State looking for a new home because Ukraine is a lost cause??

None of it is a natural progression.

I don’t think Powell has any respect for the Lagging Factor. The repercussions of what he’s already done will be increasingly felt until 2025.
If he continues to raise interest rates until a retracement back to 2% inflation, the global economy will be decimated.
And I’m actually OK with that.
Or, maybe he does but he sees what fed gov is doing (spending like drunken sailers and working against him) So he says hey, lets make it painful for them to keep spending.

A barometer of business conditions at service-style companies such as hotels and hospitals held steady at a robust 55.1% in February, showing the U.S. economy is still in expansion mode.

“Sales activity is generally strong despite economic headwinds,” a senior restaurant executive told the Institute for Supply Management, publisher of the report.

Numbers above 50% are a positive sign. The closely followed ISM reports are the first major indicators of each month to offer clues on how well the economy is performing.

Economists polled by The Wall Street Journal had expected the index to drop to 54% from 55.2% in January.

Strong economy = moar Fed pain

Russell 2000 Weekly chart.

On this weekly chart in the short term stocks remain stubbornly positive.

If the price closes a week below that 10 week moving average, my Weekend Trend Trader strategy becomes defensive (and I would kind of appreciate that.) But for now we are in condition green playing offense. On Monday I will sell 1 stock for +0.56% gain and buy 2 new ones.

IWM_2023-03-03_17-35-42.png

How dare they!

... on the other hand we do know he bought it and I guess if they could have locked him up for summin they'd have him behind bars... so?! Anyway... outrageous!!!
Propaganda but to what end? CBDC? Or merely anti-gold? Anti cash?

AI is going to be so disruptive. I heard Zed when he said "Get long AI." [I'm not long now, but makes a lot of sense.]

AI is going to be so disruptive. I heard Zed when he said "Get long AI." [I'm not long now, but makes a lot of sense.]

It's going to be a problem...

Most of academia could fake it using AI, we don't look for or even like original thinking let alone gear testing toward original thought.

Brings a whole new dimension to "phoning it in"!

I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.

Now way, no how do I let Woke AI teach my kids. You'd have to be beyond stupid to think that's a good idea.

Propaganda but to what end? CBDC? Or merely anti-gold? Anti cash?

My opinion has always been that they want the middle class out of the asset. Volatility scares them off, tainted rep helps and IMO it's one of the reasons they never went after GATA. They look like tin foil hat wearing goldbugs and what middle class family wants that sort of rep attached to them. It's the whole mad eyed 'goldbug' thang that Wall St has fostered over the years.

JMO etc..

The question is... is it the new 'calculator' or will it fundamentally undermine understanding of the subject being taught? Most people can't calculate mentally now, but do they really need to?

When it comes to tax it is obvious that they patently misunderstand percentages! Maybe it's the calculators fault!

{sigh}

I just don't know... embrace it or fear it?

I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.

Now way, no how do I let Woke AI teach my kids. You'd have to be beyond stupid to think that's a good idea.

It's a 'tool' for students but I am sure teachers will find lots of value in it.

... The spread between BBB rated dollar-denominated corporate debt and the earnings available on the S&P 500 Index of stocks is now above zero for the first time since the global financial crisis. ...

Irrationally exuberant

The markets really wanted their hit of crack, but didn't get it. Bloodbaths all around.

I think he is making a mistake jawboning that aspect, the market seemed to be discounting a reversal and cut. IMO he should be stressing the duration angle, probably not much higher but we will be here for years. From what I have read/listened to the most credible commentary says it should be a long time before we cut rates sustainably.

.... but who knows. Prolly crash then cut... LOL!

2 year yield pushed higher, 5 year a smidge higher and 10 year below its recent highs. The 10/2 spread is now ~ 1%

Back
Top Bottom