The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I saw that today as well. Finally at the end of the day I bought some puts in GLD. Momentum seems to have dried up to the upside.

CB's are going to backstop all the banks and Biden said everything is fine. No need to worry about the banking system. Even though I don't believe it the masses do and thats all that matters. If they can keep the sheep in the system then all is well. For now.
So thinks calmed down for now. Gold will go back down and everyone back to sleep until the next crisis.
Thats my bet anyway. :)

Money printer go brrrrrrrr.... FREE! See?
Yeah, and Joey said..."the vax is safe", in a calm voice, and as time went on he eventually yelled, "get the vax", and ended with, "It's gonna be a cold winter, you stupid mf'ers!"...something like that, and now, in a calm voice, the banks are safe.
A cycle is emerging.

Here is a good explanation for why I used the term "risk off" yesterday, w/o regard to any Bloomberg terminal. When you see these things, it is risk off.

View attachment 7396

It's funny how gold alternates between a risk on and risk off asset depending on the tail that's being spun. For many years back there wallstreet was pushing gold as a risk asset.

It's funny how gold alternates between a risk on and risk off asset depending on the tail that's being spun. For many years back there wallstreet was pushing gold as a risk asset.

Which one makes it go down? That's the one we will pick today. This however, is ultimately why you buy it.

This seems SUS

1678999927100.png

Seems like everyone overlooking the rate hike coming next week. ECB raised .5 today so no worries about the banks over there. Stock market up. Gold up. Unemployment low. Why wouldn't JP raise rates next week? At least .25.

Seems like everyone overlooking the rate hike coming next week. ECB raised .5 today so no worries about the banks over there. Stock market up. Gold up. Unemployment low. Why wouldn't JP raise rates next week? At least .25.

Yea, somehow that ECB surprises with a hawkish raise and the market soars some more. That one even has me confused but obviously money poured in from somewhere.

PS -> That AI vid is really worth a watch, this thing is on a tear and it's easy to not get the extent of developments.
I watched it, probably not as attentively as I should have, and also had a tough time always understanding everything the guy who was being interviewed said. Nonetheless, it was striking just how 'in your face' the stuff is. My daughter embraces it. Hope she don't wind up putting her old man in some sort of AI nursing home one day... not that I would know it, I'm sure.o_O

ASX Gold Tribe are a bit hot this AM, sitting around +7%
Interesting. metal are currently being spanked at the Asian open. Wonder if the ASX is trying to catch up to where the Comex/Globex made it to on Friday? 🧐

Last edited:
A promo email from Real Vision...

It's a LOL.

Hi there,

On Friday, Raoul Pal and Julian Brigden went live with Pro Macro Insider Talks on Real Vision.

It was more quotable than a Monty Python episode…

• Raoul: “I didn’t quite expect the banking system to fall apart in like 3 and a half minutes, but it has... It’s not one single cockroach here, it’s a whole f*cking colony of them.”
  • Julian: “I’m an old man and I’m allowed to shout at the TV and throw things at the TV. And one of the things that makes me shout and throw things at the TV is when you get equity guys talking about the shape of the yield curve.”
  • Raoul: “Throw the nuclear bomb that is AI and Chat GPT4 into the equation… and it’s probably the single most deflationary event I’ve ever seen in my life. A banking crisis plus completely replacing the knowledge economy in one go… I’m spinning to catch up with this.”
  • Julian: “We’re in a balls-to-the-wall macro environment.
As the subject line said — normally this conversation is reserved for Real Vision Pro members. But we made this month’s conversation to all Real Vision members because… well, look around…(!)

This certainly seems like the Big Kahuna now in progress. Zero Hedge now with an article about CRE (commercial RE) having a Nuke going off with most being owned by smaller banks. Oops.

FRC follows up that steller performance with another $11 drop today or 47%. They're finished.

Wow. That chart is quite the statement. Wonder if time zones aren't the only thing you Aussie's are just slightly ahead of us on?

Yep, and it's setting up the same way in the US Dollar but still hasn't even hit that top test line. But the Dollar has been the strongest currency in the world as well. If we get that breakout in $Gold/US Dollar then that is a Real breakout and it's game on.

1679403615712.png

Well that was a nice runup in Gold that I wasn't fully invested in, :ROFLMAO: FWIW Armstrong originally was looking at early mid April as a high in Gold and a good bottom in June now thinks that might have inverted so a good low in a couple three weeks.
Energy beaten down might be a good spot to buy. Looking at something like BOIL a double nat gas ETF with Proshares. These double/triples scare the hell out of me though you can be right and still lose if the underlying takes too long to move. Not for the rent money. One man's opinion.

The Federal Reserve will close its two-day meeting Wednesday with a heavy air of uncertainty as the central bank moves forward in its efforts to bring down inflation and stabilize the troubled banking sector.

At the moment, those two goals seem to be in conflict: Getting inflation down requires the same higher interest rates that have inflicted crisis-level effects on banks.

Still, after much volatility markets seem to have coalesced around expectations that the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee will approve a 0.25 percentage point, or 25 basis point, increase.

But that won't be all that policymakers will have to address.

They're also on tap to update rate and economic projections, and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell then will have to explain it all at his post-meeting news conference.

Here's a quick look at everything likely to happen.

More:

Yeah I know the news wasn't good but First Majestic might be worth a punt after yesterday's debacle.

I like it. It's going to be a mid-sized pure Silver play now. That is hard to find because silver has just been sat on for decades. As I move out of meme-stocks (hopefully with a good squeeze) I will certainly be buying some.

Silver is UP today? WTH did someone not get the meme that this is a FED decision day?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom